Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant and Animal Adaptations - Aspects?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 1:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an answer for Plant Animal adaptations learned off. However, for every Geoecology question, you need to divide it into 3 or 4 aspects. This essay is long enough for an 80 mark question but I can only think of two aspects
    - plant adaptations to soil and climate
    - animal adaptations to soil and climate

What could the third one be? I thought about spliiting it into 4, ie plant with soil, plant with climate, animals with soil, animals with climate but animals don't really adapt to soil per se

What aspects should this answer be split into?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

I'd write about
    1: The soil (same thing as in characteristics)
    2: The Climate (again, same as characteristics)
    3: Plant adaptations
    4: Animal Adaptations

I'd pretty much use the same essay as the characteristics one! ;) Just mess with it a bit to fit the question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'd write about
    1: The soil (same thing as in characteristics)
    2: The Climate (again, same as characteristics)
    3: Plant adaptations
    4: Animal Adaptations

Thats the same as myself. My Climate is 100% the same as my charactistics one. My soil as a bit more then my charac one. Then did Plant and Animal adaptations seperate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I like your thinking! My characteristics answer (desert) contains a good bit about plants adapting to the climate and also animals adapting to the climate. These two answers are going to be almost identical - is that ok?

Also, what way do plants and animals interact with the soil in the desert? I have loads about climate, but not much about soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Long roots, using plants and twigs as shade etc.?

I didn't know it was necessary to include a lot on climte and soil in this particular question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I was wondering about this myself while reading through "Exam Skills Geography". Even they say you should seperate it into 3/4 aspects. However, in their sample answer for how animals & plants adapt, they only had 2 aspects (the exact same as you had it). They had a short introductory paragraph but I don't think that counts.

Anyways, I think I'm going to follow chaoticmess' method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

My sample answer is just over a page with a few paragraphs on animals and a few on plants, plus the obligitary heading. "I studied... bla bla bla"

Advertisement