Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirgrid in Rush - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »

I also remember at least one flyer from Eirgrid in my door and seen the notices for the public meeting. I am not on any local politician email distribution lists( I get enough spam already:) ). So I ask my question again was it Eirgrid fault or people's own fault that they did not know about the interconnector route through Rush and then the subsequent oral hearing and public meeting?

Its a bit of both. Eirgrid had an oppertunity to use Rogerstown estuary but took the cheapest option.

As we know the estuary is an S.A.C but it did not matter to the people who have it in s**t at the moment. It appears to be boiling down to money and Eirgrid are being tight at the local peoples expense.

I dont remember the leaflet coming in my door and dont remember seeing the notice for public meeting.

Martron The last public meeting was "spin" from Eirgrid. They had to be begged by chairperson of C.C. to adress the people. Up to that point they had someone on the door letting in a certain amount of people at a time. Quite a few people left before they came out on their terms as the Que to get in was long. When they came out their lines were well rehearsed with quotes from various sources around Europe with "best practise" their favourite phrase. They were strongly challenged by one member of the audience and this I feel swayed quite a few other to a position where they felt they had reason to be suspicious............ So the campaign has gathered momentum and some substance as a result of what can be described as........ Bullying??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    Its a bit of both. Eirgrid had an oppertunity to use Rogerstown estuary but took the cheapest option.

Do we actually know if it is the cheapest option? Any figures to back that up?

Special area of conservation, when it suits. Fingal and others were quite happy to keep Balleally landfill open for years longer than proposed so what is the problem with bringing the cable up the estuary which will cause a lot less disturbance? It will cost more money of course!!

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4883765834_0d3fc10aa4.jpg[/EMAIL]">

photostream

Otherphotos of estuary posted tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

As we know the estuary is an S.A.C but it did not matter to the people who have it in s**t at the moment. It appears to be boiling down to money and Eirgrid are being tight at the local peoples expense.

I dont remember the leaflet coming in my door and dont remember seeing the notice for public meeting.

Martron The last public meeting was "spin" from Eirgrid. They had to be begged by chairperson of C.C. to adress the people. Up to that point they had someone on the door letting in a certain amount of people at a time. Quite a few people left before they came out on their terms as the Que to get in was long. When they came out their lines were well rehearsed with quotes from various sources around Europe with "best practise" their favourite phrase. They were strongly challenged by one member of the audience and this I feel swayed quite a few other to a position where they felt they had reason to be suspicious............ So the campaign has gathered momentum and some substance as a result of what can be described as........ Bullying??

:confused:
    The information meeting I went to was around late 08 sometime and was in the national school.Eirgrid had information stands set up in the school hall. I'd well believe their most recent meeting was as a result of begging them....

Have reasons actually been given for not bringing the cable up the estuary, other than it's an SAC? Money is obviously a big part, for many reasons.They'd have to get the cable up the estuary well past the dump - landing it in around the dump anywhere, I would imagine, is not possible.

FCC have never bothered considering the estuary position as an SAC as an issue before now - I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

The extra cost of bringing the cable up the estuary would be enormous I'd think. Getting it around the coastline into the estuary, past the marina (safely) and on up - increases the work on the water hugely, which is extremely awkward work as it is. How would it go under the railway line? Most likely under the bridge in the middle - liaising with IE, and drilling quite far down I would think, to avoid the bridge foundations. Choosing a spot for it to land - the majority of the land beyond the dump is privately owned and not easily accessible - it tends to be through fields, or private residences.Coming in around the dump itself is probably not do-able, as dumps tend to have quite an extensive underground system for venting gases etc and in many cases, containments have been built to prevent leakage from the dump (I know this was all upgraded in Baleally a number of years ago), to say nothing of the ground itself, which is hugely contaminated, and probably not all that stable. Contaminated ground would have to be shipped to Europe for destruction, which costs a lot of money and requires a number of special licences. And to be honest, I'd have my doubts they'd be allowed to dig there at all...that dump is not long closed.

A lot of what I've said there is guesswork, but it's probably relatively accurate, though I'm sure I haven't thought of nearly everything. I'd think it's fairly obvious why landing the cable at the north beach is the much cheaper option for Eirgrid.

As I've said before, I don't have a massive problem with it. I'd point to a number of places in the city where electricity substations with huge cables running into them are sandwiched in with houses/apartments. I'm not sure the argument about electromagnetic waves is a valid one in this case, however equally there's very little to prove that it IS a valid one. As I've said before, it's a bit late to actually try and stop this going ahead - it would be better to try and influence the sequence of construction works and their impact, than the overall project.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Can anyone tell me when the Rush works is set to finish for this project? What is the time line for disruption?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I received an email (the blanket variety) from Michael Kennedy TD about it.

So I'd say some one of the many hundreds who received it sent it on to the Indo?

Btw, this is the said email:

A Chara

I am writing to you again to advise you of road works to install the East West Interconnector that will be taking place in the Fingal area. The Interconnector cables will come ashore at Rush North Beach, Co. Dublin, and then continue underground to Woodland in Co. Meath.

EirGrid has liaised with Fingal County Council to ensure traffic disruption is kept to a minimum.
    Area: R129 from the junction of the R129/R132 Swords/Balbriggan Rd to the Naul Road (Ballyboughal).

Start Date: 11.08.2010
    Times: 07.00a.m. to 19.00p.m.
    Expected duration: 9 Weeks
    Description:
    Cable duct installation will take place on R129 from Wednesday 11th August 2010. Work will generally take place between 7am and 7pm. This work will require a full closure of the road between Ballyboughal and the R132. However, local access will be maintained at all times.

If you have any queries in relation to the works or any aspect of the project you can contact Eirgrid at Project Hotline: 1890 36 46 56 and should you wish to receive text updates on works in the Fingal area in general, you can text FINGAL to 51500.

I trust this information is of benefit to you and please feel free to pass it on to your other email contacts. Should you have any other additional queries, please fill out the section below and return.

Yours Sincerely,

P.S. You can now join me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/michaelkennedytd

Can I help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why the hell not do these road works from 7pm to 7am when it would mean less disruption to heavier daytime traffic?

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Why the hell not do these road works from 7pm to 7am when it would mean less disruption to heavier daytime traffic?

Always brings to mind this advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0bDTpm5xjg&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Hill Billy wrote: »

well as a former road worker. there is more complaints when you make noise after 7pm.

besides the lads probably only arrive to work at 8 and the disruption is only for an hour. and then again they will only work til 6. agin 1 hour disruption. besides these lads have a life to and dont want to be working nights. I know though fingal may restrict the road opening between certain times. i worked on a road where work was restricted between 10 and 4 . depends on the road and traffic volume

they say 7 to 7 to cover themselves with over run.

anything after that will need special permission to work outside these times which will be advertised on the temporary vms signs or if residential properties were to be effected they will get a letter in the door

ha ha yeah....... never seen that happening. in fact i built a piece of motorway.........m50 cough ....... that was dug up several times due to different cables.

• Advertisement

eirgrid leaflet came in the door today.

i really do wonder what questions the were asked beofre they had to make a leaflet like that.

the information on the leaflet is not just eirgrid spin but construction common sense and similar to what i posted nearly 2 months ago in this thread.

the people organising some of the propaganda against eirgrid should have done a bit of homework before making ejits of themselves

Martron wrote: »
    eirgrid leaflet came in the door today.

i really do wonder what questions the were asked beofre they had to make a leaflet like that.

the information on the leaflet is not just eirgrid spin but construction common sense and similar to what i posted nearly 2 months ago in this thread.

the people organising some of the propaganda against eirgrid should have done a bit of homework before making ejits of themselves

Someone that doesn't do DIY?:0

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dave_oxo

I really don't see what the problem is.

Skerries has the interconnector for gas.
    Why not Rush to have the electricity interconnector.

There are huge nimbys here.

Roll it on Eirgrid....

Incinerator in Ringsend
    Upgrade of sewerage in Portrane

dave_oxo wrote: »
    I really don't see what the problem is.

Skerries has the interconnector for gas.
    Why not Rush to have the electricity interconnector.

Gormanstown has the second gas interconnector and Rush has the first gas interconnector. Has Skerries invaded and annexed one of the interconnector?

Gormanstown has the second gas interconnector and Rush has the first gas interconnector. Has Skerries invaded and annexed one of the interconnector?

Would it be the first time??;)

dave_oxo If you read back through thread you will see some people have concerns.

In my opinion valid concerns to others they are not valid. Its mainly to do with the type of cables that are being laid and the huge disruption it will cause to residents and the fact that there is an alternative route which was ruled out before they got started. My opinion only.

If you want it coming through Skerries please contact Eirgrid. You will have plenty of support from Rush residents.

Oh and if you take a look at Rogerstown estuary at the moment you will see we are the workshop for the pipes for the sewage works in Portrane. The green space beside the boat park in Rogerstown has been destroyed and cut off from the people of Rush for quite a few months now.

Someone that doesn't do DIY?:0

ok it would be slighlty a biut more than diy in fairness. ha ha

Just got this email today. Cant copy all the text.

DANGER
    HIGH VOLTAGE
    Eirgrid Meeting

WHAT WE KNOW
    AND
    Eirgrid don't want you to know!

Wednesday 1st September
    St Josephs school
    Convent lane Rush 8p.m.

All

You may are may not be aware of the town's ongoing battle to get Eirgrid to re-route the proposed East - West Interconnector. The current proposed route through Kilbush, Skerries Road, Main Street and Channel Road is not acceptable on a number of grounds (see attached pamphlet from Clare Daly compiled from information produced by Rush Against Eirgird Route). There is an alternative route through the Estuary and Rogerstown that would mean a complete by-pass of the town of Rush. Eirgrid do not want to take this route. Following on from previous town meetings a team of hard working Rush men and women, have managed to stall Eirgrid's planned start date in Rush (originally 28th June). The group have met Councillor's, TD's, Senators and even the Minister himself in a bid to re-route Eirgrid's proposal for Rush. Eirgrid have still not conceded to the requests.

Just got this email today. Cant copy all the text.

DANGER
    HIGH VOLTAGE
    Eirgrid Meeting

WHAT WE KNOW
    AND
    Eirgrid don't want you to know!

Wednesday 1st September
    St Josephs school
    Convent lane Rush 8p.m.

All

You may are may not be aware of the town's ongoing battle to get Eirgrid to re-route the proposed East - West Interconnector. The current proposed route through Kilbush, Skerries Road, Main Street and Channel Road is not acceptable on a number of grounds (see attached pamphlet from Clare Daly compiled from information produced by Rush Against Eirgird Route). There is an alternative route through the Estuary and Rogerstown that would mean a complete by-pass of the town of Rush. Eirgrid do not want to take this route. Following on from previous town meetings a team of hard working Rush men and women, have managed to stall Eirgrid's planned start date in Rush (originally 28th June). The group have met Councillor's, TD's, Senators and even the Minister himself in a bid to re-route Eirgrid's proposal for Rush. Eirgrid have still not conceded to the requests.

Comrade Leo are you a vested interest? I havent received this email!!! Why is that? Is this a hijacking of Rush by infiltrating the local structures with left wing radical politics for there own purposes? Will we have are own version of the Shining Path soon to battle the evil Eirgrid nemesis? What would all those Rush people in the 1950s that took part in the local communist commitees think now with this latest twist in the venture, they be spinning in there graves in Whitestown!!! Can anyone answer me why does the Looney Left appear to be the main political support of the "Rush No to Eirgrid" campaign?

No vested interest, no members of my family or relatives making money from land in this, I dont think it has been hijacked but perhaps you will let us know what view as left wing..............................

I just have an interest as a local resident nothing more. I am interested in letting people have their say in a fair manner and not having people being "shafted" or "Railroaded" are you? As has been the suggestion from various people over a long period Rush has been overlooked and ignored to often. I was asked to let as many know as possible hense my post.

I didnt agree with some of the comments passed at the last meeting I attended, people just spewing out tripe to be heard, no one needs that.

If you signed up for email you could contact one of the committee, you must know some of them.

I didn't say there was any montary gain just that I had a relative that had face to face meetings with Eirgrid because the line goes through his land. It was an information meeting not a brown paper envelope meeting and he was happy to allow them to go ahead after they had explained it to him. Sadly "the whats in it for me" mentality seems to a failing with the Irish population these days, there always has to be a gain, people like to blame the greed in Irish society on the bankers and politicians but fail to notice it in themselves.

Well I am afraid I dont know the committee members of the "Rush No to Eirgrid" campaign, I haven't had anything through the door from them telling me who they actually are which might be the stumbling block there!! Not every citizen of Rush has there email on distributions lists like your goodself.

They only info that I have got on this campaign commitee is that they appear to use a "Rush Needs You" page on Facebook which I came across when I googled for info. Not everyone has access or the technical background to access info online or are members of "golden circle distribution lists" or networks. I would have thought people who lived on the route would have had flyers in the door seening as that they would be living 24/7 with the "dangers" of the powerlines.

Since a certain hysteria has crept into the no campaign regarding a study by the Oxford Childhood Cancer does anyone know what research paper it was since I would dearly love to read it. Its listed on Clare Dalys site too and other papers are hinted at that back this study up but never mentioned......funny that.

Incidentally have any of the schools in Rush been tested for Radon gas since that has several reputable research papers backing up the cancer effects of that gas in Ireland. Rush is in a less than 1% area with gases above the reference level but you shouldn't take risk with kids.

A quote from the Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland
    The greatest health risk from radiation in Ireland is caused by radon. It accounts for 56 per cent of the total radiation dose received by the Irish population. Between 150 and 200 lung cancer deaths in Ireland every year can be linked to radon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Kickstart wrote: »
    Dan, I for one am not looking forward to it. The issues I personally see are as follows:<snip>

Grand so, I guess you can do without electricity then.

Sure lets all stay in the past and not develop our infrastructure beyond the hydro electric dam in the 1920s lest we offend somebody. Not defending eirgrid but it is unfortunate that this kind of development is now opposed in a coordinated manner unseen in the past. Not for the right reasons, but simply out of ignorance and fear.

The information sessions have come a little late in the day for Rush I think, it might have been wiser for eirgrid to build a relationship with local stakeholders and make plans more accessible in order to establish understanding and trust.

HD lines afaik are probably safer than a mobile phone battery, btw. They are quite different from the old pylons you used to see around the place. As I understand it the point of them is you can transmit 2 ways so we can both supply and receive from the UK via the interconnector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Since a certain hysteria has crept into the no campaign regarding a study by the Oxford Childhood Cancer does anyone know what research paper it was since I would dearly love to read it. Its listed on Clare Dalys site too and other papers are hinted at that back this study up but never mentioned......funny that.

The Daly link is rather disturbing as she has a long reputation back as far as her Aer Lingus days as an agitator. Sounds like the perfect bandwagon ahead of an election year.

eirgrid did make one error with Rush though and that was leaving it so late to give detailed information to local people. It would have saved itself an awful lot of grief had it done so earlier on.

I do agree on radon though, there is a massive lack of detailed research in the long term which is not helpful.

I didn't say there was any montary gain just that I had a relative that had face to face meetings with Eirgrid because the line goes through his land. It was an information meeting not a brown paper envelope meeting and he was happy to allow them to go ahead after they had explained it to him. Sadly "the whats in it for me" mentality seems to a failing with the Irish population these days, there always has to be a gain, people like to blame the greed in Irish society on the bankers and politicians but fail to notice it in themselves.

Well I am afraid I dont know the committee members of the "Rush No to Eirgrid" campaign, I haven't had anything through the door from them telling me who they actually are which might be the stumbling block there!! Not every citizen of Rush has there email on distributions lists like your goodself.

They only info that I have got on this campaign commitee is that they appear to use a "Rush Needs You" page on Facebook which I came across when I googled for info. Not everyone has access or the technical background to access info online or are members of "golden circle distribution lists" or networks. I would have thought people who lived on the route would have had flyers in the door seening as that they would be living 24/7 with the "dangers" of the powerlines.

Incidentally have any of the schools in Rush been tested for Radon gas since that has several reputable research papers backing up the cancer effects of that gas in Ireland. Rush is in a less than 1% area with gases above the reference level but you shouldn't take risk with kids.

A quote from the Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland

Dont think I suggested anyone of your family made money from this I was clarifying I didnt have a vested interest of any form. Agree with your last sentence in paragraph 1 but this is not a new thing, there has always been the "stroke" element.

If your local you know as many of the committee as I do. I am on 1 email list and it aint this one, but 1 person who is heavily involved, lending their expertise, free of charge, is a good friend of mine.

The "No" campaign has been from what I gather quite open in their dealings to date, if a tad disorganised for a few weeks. From your posts you know me or who I am so I would hope your not suggesting I would be or am part of a golden circle? That would not be my scene.

As for Clare Daly!! I am not a fan but would she risk putting her name to a leaflet or flyer which is factually incorrect? Bearing in mind she probably fancies her chances in the next general election.

You research your threads and maybe you should pay a visit to the meeting next week. As I stated earlier its good to hear both sides, on a level playing field

shoegirl wrote: »
    The Daly link is rather disturbing as she has a long reputation back as far as her Aer Lingus days as an agitator. Sounds like the perfect bandwagon ahead of an election year.

eirgrid did make one error with Rush though and that was leaving it so late to give detailed information to local people. It would have saved itself an awful lot of grief had it done so earlier on.

I do agree on radon though, there is a massive lack of detailed research in the long term which is not helpful.

The Shell to Sea campaign site now has a rolling update of the Rush No to Eirgrid Campaign so expect some experienced militant elements to turn up to help organise. When there finished it won't be worth putting your house on the market in Rush. I just finished a book recently that mentioned how the french communist party after world war 2 had a tactic of infiltrating groups and taking them over from inside, not much has changed with the Looney Left.

Miss Daly power base is in Swords which is good enough for getting elected to Fingal CC but not the Dail so a bit of a high profile campaign in this part of the election constituency should get those much needed votes if the Socialist party hopes to get a seat back in the Dail. The recent tv appearances of the new glammed up Miss Daly in the last year quite clearly shows there intent for her. I for one don't want my hometown sacrificed for furthering someones political career.

Miss Daly has had some dealings outside her election base before with her involvement in the Local Area Plan for Donabate/Portrane, check out the link below, seems her radical approach didn't win her too many friends.

http://www.donabateportrane.com/forum/thread/2396/1/Clare_Daly_got_it_wrong_on_the_LAP

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Childhood Cancer Research Group (University of Oxford) site links to this paper published in the British Medical Journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

The Shell to Sea campaign site now has a rolling update of the Rush No to Eirgrid Campaign so expect some experienced militant elements to turn up to help organise. When there finished it won't be worth putting your house on the market in Rush. I just finished a book recently that mentioned how the french communist party after world war 2 had a tactic of infiltrating groups and taking them over from inside, not much has changed with the Looney Left.

Miss Daly power base is in Swords which is good enough for getting elected to Fingal CC but not the Dail so a bit of a high profile campaign in this part of the election constituency should get those much needed votes if the Socialist party hopes to get a seat back in the Dail. The recent tv appearances of the new glammed up Miss Daly in the last year quite clearly shows there intent for her. I for one don't want my hometown sacrificed for furthering someones political career.
    Miss Daly has had some dealings outside her election base before with her involvement in the Local Area Plan for Donabate/Portrane, check out the link below, seems her radical approach didn't win her too many friends.

http://www.donabateportrane.com/forum/thread/2396/1/Clare_Daly_got_it_wrong_on_the_LAP

This is one of your best posts, Corsendonk.

You got it in one there.

Saw her on Tonight with Vincent Browne the other night.:cool:

All I would say to the people of Rush is think carefully before adopting Ms Daly as your de-facto spokesperson on the Eirgrid issue.

Don't be surprised if her ranting on the situation starts to attract others (i.e. professional protestors, tree-huggers, crusties and the like) who specialise in throwing themselves down in front of diggers and assaulting gardai in "support" of the cause.

I smell a rodent.

Interesting paper especially the review of the paper by the editor of the BMJ about risk perception but the quote below is from the paper Conclusion section itself.

Draper et al, BMJ 2005
    While few children in England and Wales live close to high voltage
    power lines at birth, there is a slight tendency for the birth
    addresses of children with leukaemia to be closer to these lines
    than those of matched controls. An association between
    childhood leukaemia and power lines has been reported in several
    studies, but it is nevertheless surprising to find the effect
    extending so far from the lines.We have no satisfactory explanation
    for our results in terms of causation by magnetic fields or
    association with other factors. Neither the association reported
    here nor previous findings relating to level of exposure to magnetic
    fields are supported by convincing laboratory data or any
    accepted biological mechanism

Gerald Watts in the second paper who is editor of the BMJ makes the following quote on the above research conducted by Draper et al

Watts, BMJ 2005
    So, in these risk averse times, and
    before activists begin blowing up pylons, a bit of perspective
    might help. In 2002, according to the Child Accident Prevention
    Trust, more than 36 000 children were hurt in road accidents
    and around 200 were killed. Another 32 died in house fires.
    Draper and colleagues reckon that five cases annually of
    childhood leukaemia may be associated with power lines.

Notice the word Pylons? Yes this study is based on pylons not burying cables underground and shielding.

Draper et al, BMJ, 2005
    We looked at overhead power lines forming the National Grid in
    England and Wales—that is, all 275 and 400 kV overhead lines
    (the highest voltages used) plus a small fraction of 132 kV lines,
    about 7000 km altogether.We obtained the grid references of all
    21 800 pylons concerned from the records of National Grid
    Transco

An interesting plain speaking review of recent research papers can be found at:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/magnetic-fields

Interesting to note the research into electro-magnetic frequency generation by households appliances and there is a link at the end of the page for that other electromagnetic generator cellphones. I certainly hope that people in Rush whipped up into hysteria by the Draper Study don't use cellphones or electrical appliances or allow there kids to do so as they have already exposed themselves and there kids to these fields if they have done so. If people are so concerned about potential carcinogens why arn't they protesting about acrylamide? A hell of alot of research projects into it recently as we ingest it almost on a daily basis.

Agree with A.Partridge your best post.

I touched on Ms Daly a few times in the past and stopped in case I got banned. Is she not still agitating in Dublin Airport.

I observed her at the last meeting and she bided her time before saying anything. Cant say I remember but one or two others were nicely placed to ask questions also!!!.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you want to raise specific points concerning the Eirgrid issue where Ms Daly is involved, that's on-topic, and fine, so long as it does not start getting personal.

Any general comments concerning her or her politics are off-topic.

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement

Agree with A.Partridge your best post.

I touched on Ms Daly a few times in the past and stopped in case I got banned. Is she not still agitating in Dublin Airport.

I observed her at the last meeting and she bided her time before saying anything. Cant say I remember but one or two others were nicely placed to ask questions also!!!.

Well you must remember that Miss Daly wouldn't be a novice at these events. While I applaud the commitment of RCC which I am assumming have nailed there colours to the anti Eirgrid mast I would have grave concerns of them retaining control of the meeting so that all local people that attend can have a fair, open and reasonable discussion on the Eirgrid topic. Dealing with a large emotionally charged audience will be alot more difficult than anything they have faced in the business world. While Miss Daly will be doing her best to keep the audience in that state with key questions from local or not so local audience members.

While we may not agree with the politics of the Socialist Party its politics provides an ideal training ground for public speaking with all those union meetings and protest marches. You must admit that her party leader was one of the best public speakers in the Dail before he lost his seat and went on to greater things.

What would be of a concern to me would be the phrasing of the headline from the email that you received about the meeting.

DANGER
    HIGH VOLTAGE

Eirgrid Meeting

WHAT WE KNOW
    AND
    Eirgrid don't want you to know![

Its almost like a headline that you would read in the Sun, wrote by someone who watched the X-Files too much. A grand conspiracy behind everything in life.

Eirgrid has been condemned even before the meeting has happened. I doubt a representative of Eirgrid will be invited there to defend themselves but If you were a representative of Eirgrid would you go along after reading that headline? Sure someone might as well sell rotten fruit outside if they did.

Can anyone tell me who is on RCC and a bio of each? There is a RCC blog by the Chairman of RCC online but she failed to list the rest of the committee. I hope a certain Chairman Mao hasn't crept in already:) That information would be helpful to myself and other boarders like myself who don't know practically all the residents of the Rush area like some of the more community minded boarders or don't have jobs within the town that allows us to keep informed. Rush is a communter town so alot of us that live here have moved in here in the last 10 years so are at a disadvantage.

Advertisement