Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Brown Concerts in Ireland and UK Cancelled

Options
  • 08-06-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10263828.stm

Brown was denied entry to the UK, and therefore also cancelled his Irish concert in Cork, because of Visa issues. He has a serious criminal record, from when he assaulted ex-girlfriend Rhianna, and so is not allowed inside the UK

Can I just say I am delighted, because the criminal justice system has been shown to fail so many ordinary people while these supposed "superstars" pay £200 and avoid jail time - it is nice to see Brown is being brought down to earth and perhaps now he will have to do some grovelling to his fans so they will forgive this cancellation through his mistakes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10263828.stm

Brown was denied entry to the UK, and therefore also cancelled his Irish concert in Cork, because of Visa issues. He has a serious criminal record, from when he assaulted ex-girlfriend Rhianna, and so is not allowed inside the UK

Can I just say I am delighted, because the criminal justice system has been shown to fail so many ordinary people while these supposed "superstars" pay £200 and avoid jail time - it is nice to see Brown is being brought down to earth and perhaps now he will have to do some grovelling to his fans so they will forgive this cancellation through his mistakes

oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Ahahahhahahahahha! xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Seen him in 02

Thought he was useless been honest!!
    Besides he stole all my dance moves:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

IMO this is great news.

No Man, Woman or Child shoud EVER have to put up with domestic abuse, and having this guy perform over here and make a fortune doing so is just a slap in the face to those victims of the abuse.

Shame also on the likes of FM104 for massively promoting his gigs and giving out free tickets in big competitions, how a 'family friendly' station like that could ever get involved with such a scum bag is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I read a news report that he was convicted in November and given 12 months probation involving physical labour. That would mean he's still on probation trying to tour UK, I'd say that's why they stopped him.

Anyhoooooooooo, in an unrelated topic, that Rihanna gig in the O2 was class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I completely agree with you, the US criminal justice system is a farce at the best of times (the Paris Hilton situation coming to mind), and if these "celebrities" finally get some sort of lasting punishment for what they do, I think it's great.

And on the subject of Chris Brown, you'd think someone in his camp would have figured out the visa issue and eligibility to enter the country way before now.

Advertisement