Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running's not just for Christmas, its for life

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

weight is 9st 5lbs -definitely happy with this, its going in the right direction.

Monday July 19th - 3.5mile handy run down by the river. Didn't push it too much which was nice for a change. Still did it in 28:30. 30minute puck around also.
    Tuesday July 20th - same run again down by the river. Momentum didnt feel great but still did it under 28min I think (forgot to stop the watch when I stopped!). 20min puck around then.
    Wednesday July 21st - an evening of will I/wont I for about 2hrs, then I eventually got off the couch and went out for my 4.6mile block. Felt a little heavy and slow for the first half, but didnt pressure myself, just tried to do things right. felt a bit of a niggle in my glute that I worry will eventually need the physio....anyway, was feeling good, feeling strong. When i turned on to the golf links road, usually I take it handy enough, but after the last few runs with the bf shouting/enthusing me up anything resembling a hill, I decided to give it socks. Luckily when I got to the top of the hill, I kept the pressure on and tore towards home. Was feeling great and had a fantastic chune playing (Florence and the Machine singing about running faster ;)). Kept the pressure on until I reached my door. Was delighted to see 35:17 on the clock, which was a full 30sec off my pb for this route. I think a combination of the sprints, and the running with the bf have resulted in this. Happy days.
    Thursday July 22nd - Back in the pool finally! Felt a little rusty for the first few lengths but then I got to a lovely zen place and just swam and swam. 1.3km in about 40min. Met MCOS then for to collect the racer so that will be next challenge now!
    Friday July 23rd - 3.28mile run down by the river with the bf and his new garmin 305. Was great for him cos the watch made him push himself for the run so we all got to feel the burn!
    Saturday July 24th - impromptu rest day. Dont know what was wrong with me but slept most of the day, felt very out of it.
    Week#|Running (miles)|Swimming (km)|Cycling (miles)|# of strengthening sessions
    8|14.88|1.3|11.25|-

weight is 9st 5lbs -definitely happy with this, its going in the right direction.

Monday July 19th - 3.5mile handy run down by the river. Didn't push it too much which was nice for a change. Still did it in 28:30. 30minute puck around also.
    Tuesday July 20th - same run again down by the river. Momentum didnt feel great but still did it under 28min I think (forgot to stop the watch when I stopped!). 20min puck around then.
    Wednesday July 21st - an evening of will I/wont I for about 2hrs, then I eventually got off the couch and went out for my 4.6mile block. Felt a little heavy and slow for the first half, but didnt pressure myself, just tried to do things right. felt a bit of a niggle in my glute that I worry will eventually need the physio....anyway, was feeling good, feeling strong. When i turned on to the golf links road, usually I take it handy enough, but after the last few runs with the bf shouting/enthusing me up anything resembling a hill, I decided to give it socks. Luckily when I got to the top of the hill, I kept the pressure on and tore towards home. Was feeling great and had a fantastic chune playing (Florence and the Machine singing about running faster ;)). Kept the pressure on until I reached my door. Was delighted to see 35:17 on the clock, which was a full 30sec off my pb for this route. I think a combination of the sprints, and the running with the bf have resulted in this. Happy days.
    Thursday July 22nd - Back in the pool finally! Felt a little rusty for the first few lengths but then I got to a lovely zen place and just swam and swam. 1.3km in about 40min. Met MCOS then for to collect the racer so that will be next challenge now!
    Friday July 23rd - 3.28mile run down by the river with the bf and his new garmin 305. Was great for him cos the watch made him push himself for the run so we all got to feel the burn!
    Saturday July 24th - impromptu rest day. Dont know what was wrong with me but slept most of the day, felt very out of it.
    Sunday July 25th - Did a tentative run by the river. Felt a little tired still so didnt go mad. Saying that, the first half was 2sec faster than friday evening, and the entire run was 10seconds faster than friday. So 3.28miles in 25:55. 15min puck around after.

Good week over all, got a bit done with all 4 disciplines, got a new pb for my 4.6mile route and got the racer bike. Goal going forwards is definitely more swimming, and get out on the racer - see how I get on.
    8|18.16|1.3|11.25|-

weight is 9st 4/5lbs :eek: happy days!

Monday July 26th - swim session with first 250m in 6:40, next in 7:10, next in 7:00. So Im still at the 21min mark for my swim. Gonna try and get alot more swims in this week. 800m in total. Did a 2.8mile run then later, felt grand except ate dinner too close to this run, so stomach was not impressed. Other reasons for short run can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055979056&page=2
    9|2.8|0.8|3.75|-

Monday July 26th - swim session with first 250m in 6:40, next in 7:10, next in 7:00. So Im still at the 21min mark for my swim. Gonna try and get alot more swims in this week. 800m in total. Did a 2.8mile run then later, felt grand except ate dinner too close to this run, so stomach was not impressed. Other reasons for short run can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055979056&page=2
    Tuesday July 27th - swim session with first 250m in 6:55, next in 7:05, next in 7:15. So Im still knocking around at the 21min mark for my swim.
    Later did a 5.5mile walk along by the river, as far as corbally bridge and back. Good pace, legs quite tight these days.
    9|2.8|1.6|6.25|-

Tuesday July 27th - swim session with first 250m in 6:55, next in 7:05, next in 7:15. So Im still knocking around at the 21min mark for my swim.
    Later did a 5.5mile walk along by the river, as far as corbally bridge and back. Good pace, legs quite tight these days.
    Wednesday July 28th - swim session with first 250m in 6:45, next in 6:55, next in 7:00. Felt good.
    Dont think I will do the tri. Not confident at all on the racer, any speed it would give you, I lose by pulling on the brakes the whole time. Some other time hopefully.
    9|2.8|2.4|8.75|-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

MarieC wrote: »
    Dont think I will do the tri. Not confident at all on the racer, any speed it would give you, I lose by pulling on the brakes the whole time. Some other time hopefully.

Hey Marie, i was thinking of popping along to LTC novice group rides on a sunday morning from the parkway. Never been and iv only been riding by myself in the meantime. Might help a little with the confidence?

thanks for the suggestion ULstudent, very considerate of you. Im heading off on my travels at the end of the month though so Im going to put the cycling thing on hold for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

MarieC wrote: »
    Im heading off on my travels at the end of the month

*jealous* :P

Advertisement