Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Vally Brewery Hebden's Wheat

• 08-06-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Had two bottles of this last night as I had just discovered the range in my local offy.
    Have to say, very very impressed.
    A much different "wheat" experience than you'd get from the usual german suspects, also has hints of cinnamon and lemon
    I can't wait to try the rest of the range, their Stoodley Stout.
    A big plus for me was the official Vegan status, as well as being fully organic
    Check out the rest of their range here

Regards

HB

p.s. Found it in Harvest Off Licence, Oranmore

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I had their ginger ale, but wasn't a fan.

I'm always suspicious of any brewery that claims environmentally-friendly credentials. Beer making, especially small scale, is very wasteful of water (though not as bad as wine). Little Valley use organic hops from New Zealand so you have to ask yourself is the massive carbon footprint worth having a pesticide-free ingredient. I've certainly never noticed organic beers tasting any better than non-organic ones. More often it's the opposite because the hop production is compromised to meet organic standards.

I doubt there are many non-vegan bottled beers around. The use of isinglass is more of a concern when it comes to British cask ales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    I

I doubt there are many non-vegan bottled beers around. The use of isinglass is more of a concern when it comes to British cask ales.

Apparent there are loads ,fuller, Badger's batmans all have bottle beers that is vegan friendly due to a combination of cold conditioning and filtration

Here is a list http://www.enchant.me.uk/Vegetarian_beers.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

oblivious wrote: »
    Apparent there are loads
    That's what I said. Circuitously ;)

Isinglass is expensive. I'd say breweries only use it if they absolutely have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    That's what I said. Circuitously ;)

Isinglass is expensive. I'd say breweries only use it if they absolutely have to.

:D

some make their own with acid treatment of the fish swim bladder, which is a good bit cheaper

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Have to say I didn't like the wheat - but I honestly think their IPA is one of the top british IPA's - that I've had at least, I was always very hesitant with anything Vegan/Organic or any of that but it really was for a me a fantastic beer - The Stout was nice, the bitter average and as I said really didn't like the Wheat - can't too well remember the Blonde but don't think I was mad on it either but the IPA ticked pretty much all the boxes for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement