Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery from slug attack?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

The slugs have come out of hibernation. This weekend, two petunias got munched so there are literally a few stalks of the leaves left and not much else.

Have left out beer traps and attempted a slug proof mini hot-house (top of a plastic 2l bottle over the plant).

Will it re-grow though after all that damage, or am I just wasting my time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Does fairy liquid sprayed on plants make the plants repulsive to slugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

what i do is cut them down with a sissors, feed them well every 2nd day for a forthnight,, use the anti slug device of choice, it will take a while but they will come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

hello932 wrote: »
    Does fairy liquid sprayed on plants make the plants repulsive to slugs?
    I've never heard of it as a solution but that's not to say it can't slow the problem.
    flutered wrote: »
    what i do is cut them down with a sissors, feed them well every 2nd day for a forthnight,, use the anti slug device of choice, it will take a while but they will come back.
    Have the beer traps out. Scissors trimming isn't needed, they literally stripped every leaf on the plant, which was fairly small starting out. That's why I was wondering if it would grow back. I only planted it on Saturday, thus the roots are still fairly damaged, and all the leaves are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

a replacement is required then.

Advertisement