Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 bed council houses (housing lists)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭starfish12

You could try reducing the number of bedrooms you are requesting, there are alot more 3bed houses built than 4 beds in the Fingal area. I know one couple that this worked for, there simply wasn't a 4 bed house, and they had been on the list approx 4-5 years when they decided to switch their request.

This could speed up your wait, having the kids share couldnt be the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elzer

Wow! yea OP, how very dare you have 5 children when you are obviously not well off. Needless to day they are obviously not loved as much as happy middle class children, nor will then contribute to society in any formative way...

In addition what gives you the right to think that you can avail of legitimate social services that we, as a democracy, have decided are appropriate....

In addition I for one am shocked that you have internet access or that your other half is allowed into college, down with that sort of thing
    :rolleyes:

Oh im sorry your expecting everyone in need of help to be a junkie no hoper?????

YOUR SAYING KEEP THE LOWER CLASSES DOWN

HOW DARE YOU.........................................

CAN YOU READ???
    TRY LOOKING AT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR AND NOT WHAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU THINK OF PEOPLE IN MY POSITION.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 a face in the crowd

Wow! yea OP, how very dare you have 5 children when you are obviously not well off. Needless to day they are obviously not loved as much as happy middle class children, nor will then contribute to society in any formative way...

In addition what gives you the right to think that you can avail of legitimate social services that we, as a democracy, have decided are appropriate....

In addition I for one am shocked that you have internet access or that your other half is allowed into college, down with that sort of thing
    :rolleyes:

YOU'RE A COMPLETE ****E MATE....IF YOUR NOT ON THE WELFARE I HOPE YOU'RE TOLD IF YOU END UP THERE WHAT A YOU DOING WITH A TELEPHONE, A COMPUTER, AN INTERNET....YOU INSENSITIVE IGNORANT PERSON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

yeah well i paid my way for 11 years, to fall victim to the recession and since i've never claimed welfare since a school leaver and paid my taxes i thought i might be entitiled to a handout mate, actually id be fecked without it as i've lots of bills to pay.

again its easy to critise from the otherside mate......maybe should start a glorified tax payers thread to air your point on it and leave the OP be....

she not even talking about social welfare issues????????????

she is looking for accommodation provided by the state paid for by taxpayers , what do you call it ? . people need to be responsible for providing for themselves , if you want 5 kids great, have them , but you cover the costs not your neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Calm down Elzer/A face in the crowd, irishgrover was clearly being ironic/sarcastic.

He/She was having a poke at the asses moaning at the OP. They should just report them instead, that's what I did. They've derailed a thread with their self-important band-standing.

• Advertisement

starfish12 wrote: »
    You could try reducing the number of bedrooms you are requesting, there are alot more 3bed houses built than 4 beds in the Fingal area. I know one couple that this worked for, there simply wasn't a 4 bed house, and they had been on the list approx 4-5 years when they decided to switch their request.

This could speed up your wait, having the kids share couldnt be the end of the world.[/QUOTE

I have told them i will take a three bed and we are still waiting when i put in for a move it was before i had my last two children and my house is a five yr old new build so built a third smaller than the older houses....... thanks for the quote though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

YOU'RE A COMPLETE ****E MATE....IF YOUR NOT ON THE WELFARE I HOPE YOU'RE TOLD IF YOU END UP THERE WHAT A YOU DOING WITH A TELEPHONE, A COMPUTER, AN INTERNET....YOU INSENSITIVE IGNORANT PERSON

Elzer / Face, apologies, maybe my :rolleyes: (indicating sarcastic tone), should have been much much bigger....

To re-iterate - I was being sarcastic in everything I said... primarily as a response to what IMHO are pretty fu(ked up comments by people who are telling you that it was irresponsible to have kids 'cause you live in a small house. (which for me should not be the primary factor in deciding whether or not to reproduce)

My most sincere and genuine apologies to both of you for not making myself clearer...
    and to the OP, very best of luck sorting out your accommodation and to your partners study....

Elzer wrote: »
    Are you in need of a 4 bed house?
    If not please refrain from biching on this post the questions are VERY clear at the top of this thread and i will start to report abuse........
    Im not having fun on handouts or anyones money and hardly in a position to even get out with 3 kids under 3 so dont post comments like you know me......

i am not in need of 4 bed house i have a 5 bed , paid for by me for me and my family its called responsibility , you could try it sometime . what makes you feel you are entitled to a 4 bed house provided by taxpayers ?

quozl wrote: »
    Calm down Elzer/A face in the crowd, irishgrover was clearly being ironic/sarcastic.

He/She was having a poke at the asses moaning at the OP. They should just report them instead, that's what I did. They've derailed a thread with their self-important band-standing.

Your right and i am fuming how a post to get comments on a situation can be turned on me and be so nasty........
    This is a 4 bed issue if you dont have somthing that is relavant to the questions asked please refrain from posting nasty comments...........

People this is Relavant to are-:
    Those in need of 4 bed housing.
    Those who have information that could help with this issue and any properties 1,2,3,4 bed houses that may be vacant to help the needs of all housing shortages.
    Those who have had a experiance with waiting for a 4 bed house.

danbohan wrote: »
    she is looking for accommodation provided by the state paid for by taxpayers , what do you call it ? . people need to be responsible for providing for themselves , if you want 5 kids great, have them , but you cover the costs not your neighbour

i call it looking for a better standard of living ...shes entitled to it......just like your entitled to remortgage your house when/if you want a larger one....and no one me included likes been on welfare......sometimes its not a lifestyle choice its the cards your dealt...........

• Advertisement

Elzer / Face, apologies, maybe my :rolleyes: (indicating sarcastic tone), should have been much much bigger....

To re-iterate - I was being sarcastic in everything I said... primarily as a response to what IMHO are pretty fu(ked up comments by people who are telling you that it was irresponsible to have kids 'cause you live in a small house. (which for me should not be the primary factor in deciding whether or not to reproduce)

My most sincere and genuine apologies to both of you for not making myself clearer...
    and to the OP, very best of luck sorting out your accommodation and to your partners study....

Sorry am very upset with the deviaters..... and just want genuine comments only...... I realise after re-reading what you were getting at.....
    Thanks E:D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭steof1984

OP I think the problem you will have is being so specific in your request 4beds don’t come along often and there are probably larger families who are ahead of you on the list also the council have provided you with accommodation that at the time suited your needs, the fact you have chosen to alter your arrangements shouldn’t mean the council have to move you into a bigger house.

What if you decided to have another 3 kids, should you be giving an even bigger house? Not having a go just pointing out that the council cant accommodate your wishes because of your choice.

From what I recall about people moving on council lists it was not uncommon to be waiting 7-8-9 some as high as 15 years for a house. It comes down to supply demand

As you stated earlier you’re not looking to jump anyone else, the friend you referenced earlier more than likely did just this. So you are left with a few options

Extend your current house, if possible
    Get onto a TD or Councillor and ask them to put in a word for you, but this is jumping the list
    Wait until the other 12 people get housed then it will be your turn.

Just because there is a vacant property doesn’t mean you or anyone else could move into it, it could be vacant for a reason (safety concerns, private ownership etc)

i call it looking for a better standard of living ...shes entitled to it......just like your entitled to remortgage your house when/if you want a larger one....and no one me included likes been on welfare......sometimes its not a lifestyle choice its the cards your dealt...........

Thanks for the back-up am very upset with the deviators and need positive quotes not what seems to be Co council workers opinions...lol
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

danbohan wrote: »
    .... what makes you feel you are entitled to a 4 bed house provided by taxpayers ?

Basically, to explain what happens and why people feel entitled...... we live in a democracy and vote for public Representatives, then they make laws on how the country operates. You then have the civil and public service the attempts to implement those laws and policies.
    Some of the policies are popular (free primary education) and some are unpopular (taxation / bank bailouts).
    One of these policies that has been in existence for a long time are housing schemes for people who may be, in some way, be disadvantaged for a whole host of reasons.
    Another of these policies are children's allowance. If you have a family, I'm guessing that you are in receipt (or have been in receipt) of this particular allowance. I'm also assuming that at no point did you think, "Hey, I can afford a 5 bedroom house, I don't need children's allowance, I'll give it back"

So to conclude I'd guess a lot of people feel an entitlement to housing benefits because we, as a democracy, have deemed it to be an appropriate service for those who qualify.

....so it's probably the same feeling of entitlement that allows you (and me) to accept those wonderful children's allowance payments every month :)

well done on the house by the way, 5 bedrooms, impressive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

i call it looking for a better standard of living ...shes entitled to it.

no shes entitled to a roof over her head. shes not entitled to anything else. If she wants something else she needs to earn it.

im not out of work thankfully but if i was I wouldnt have the self importance to think im due x,y, and z Id be happy with any help im given. People need to stop acting like spoilt brats thinking their entitled to everything.

if your on welfare you entitled to the bare min, if you want a better standard of living go and work for it.

i cant believe the gall of people complaing because the accomadation that myself and every other taxpayer are paying for isnt to their liking, what next a free bus pass isnt good enough they want a ferrari ... ?

Thanks, I have requested a larger 3 bed and am not expecting to be favored but am looking for other people in the same position.
    But could you please tell me of any private owed houses that would be boarded up as im sure you are aware this is mainly Co Council stock most private houses get sold or handed to family members......(im not saying all).

I am looking into something someone posted earlier though and think this thread could be inductive in helping others and not just myself....
    There are many properties that are lying empty at the moment as i have been canvasing the local areas to see the available stock, and i revisit to see which have been allocated and which ones are still lying empty.

I think that if more people made a list of available stock we would not be fobbed off by the Councils as to what they have and what they dont have?? I realise there are a shortage of 4 bed properties, and that is why im looking for people to also add ideas as to how this could be tackeled????? Also all recent builds of 4 bed properties were all allocated for the affordable housing people, so even if you had just 2 kids you could buy these 4 bed houses as you were getting a mortgage. No look in for people who were on the list already......
    Thanks again for your quote. Elzer:D

D3PO wrote: »
    no shes entitled to a roof over her head. shes not entitled to anything else. If she wants something else she needs to earn it.

im not out of work thankfully but if i was I wouldnt have the self importance to think im due x,y, and z Id be happy with any help im given. People need to stop acting like spoilt brats thinking their entitled to everything.

if your on welfare you entitled to the bare min, if you want a better standard of living go and work for it.

i cant believe the gall of people complaing because the accomadation that myself and every other taxpayer are paying for isnt to their liking, what next a free bus pass isnt good enough they want a ferrari ... ?

They dont give you anything for nothing here honey and i should know..... I have worked for it and am entitled to it i have worked all my life and dont desere the abuse you are throwing around.... So you have a job any Vacancies for my partner who is currently doing a degree.......???????

like i said mate, sometimes its a lifestyle choice,sometimes its the cards you're dealt.......no one likes being on welfare.... i don't like it.....i'd rather work personally.....i didnt choose the welfare either, i lost my job....jobs are not in supply just like houses....remember there are people who were paxing taxes too untill recently now on dole....are you gonna tell those people they're bumming off you too, after years of tax paying?? are you gonna tell old timers they arent entitled to a pension either after years of work too??...... you see some people will always be trodden on by mindless people....you might be on top, but remember friend its a long way down to the bottom....and when you get there its a humbling experience...it makes you more aware of your circumstances cos your not the big "i am" anymore.......

anyhow you go and struggle with your consience putting your pen to that cheque for that womans 4 bed house......im off for a tea now that you may have paid for.......

dont have a go at me for having an opinion.

As i said this post is not relavant to you, your wasted on here and if i didnt know better id swear your trying to destroy the actual thread. your not helping your hindering....... Please go find a thread that is relavant to your rantings....

They dont give you anything for nothing here honey and i should know..... I have worked for it and am entitled to it i have worked all my life and dont desere the abuse you are throwing around.... So you have a job any Vacancies for my partner who is currently doing a degree.......???????

look dont get me wrong. I applaud your other half for what hes doing and i genuinely hope you and he succeed in being able to provide a better standard of living for your family.

my post isnt directed at you per se its at the general attiude a lot of people on here seem to have. you just happen to have started the thread.

however if was was to transplant myself into your situation, id honestly just be happy that i have somewhere regardless of its size.

• Advertisement

As i said this post is not relavant to you, your wasted on here and if i didnt know better id swear your trying to destroy the actual thread. your not helping your hindering....... Please go find a thread that is relavant to your rantings....

your not seeing the other perspective your just seeing it as a rant rather than reviewing the merits of the posts

you have yet to answer what i believe is a very pertinent quesiton. you on the list 2 years but are talking about the changes since you have had 3 new children.

correct my maths but that means that at the very least you were heavliy pregnant with child 3 before even trying to get larger accomadation, why did you wait until then ? if you had acted quicker you could have been further up the list.

like iare you gonna tell those people they're bumming off you too, after years of tax paying?? ..

dont put words in my mouth.

I have no issue with people getting help from welfare as needed. I do take issue to people who are getting help complaining that they are not getting more help.

two very different things .....

look dont get me wrong. I applaud your other half for what hes doing and i genuinely hope you and he succeed in being able to provide a better standard of living for your family.

my post isnt directed at you per se its at the general attiude a lot of people on here seem to have. you just happen to have started the thread.

however if was was to transplant myself into your situation, id honestly just be happy that i have somewhere regardless of its size.

There are loads of people in our situation the whole point was to find out how many and see if a solution could be reached. Not to be slated as a sponger and no-hoper who just takes and uses tax-payers money to get ahead.... We were told we could not take another 3 bed due to the size of our family and my issue is, they are making a bad situation worse, they apparently dont have funds to extend properties or build 4 beds at the moment and hence me searching for empty properties that are available for them to eleviate the situation for many..... Remember there are 12 people in front of me on that list not to say the countless ones on the list after me.....
    We also told the council not to do anything like update or paint as we would save them money just to make sure the heating and electric was safe....... Were not expecting the hilton hotel we just need the space....
    and im sure there are others who would want the same.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

CAN you not register with dublin city council , they seem to have more propertys than fingal, see threshold or centercare for advice.
    IS fingal council even building new 4 bed homes anywhere , have a look on the fingal website.
    The no of new houses being built is small.I know a woman she was waiting 8 years for a 2 bed flat, meanwhile she lived in a large 3bed house with a conservatory,ON RENT ALLOWANCE.
    theres charitys etc that provide houses to council tenants but i think the max they provide is 3bed new houses.
    unfortunately council policy is to sell homes to tenants after x amount of time ,so the no of council homes is decreasing .AND the houses are sold to people who are working ie you need to earn x amount to buy one.
    i,m just wondering if fingal are building ANY new 4bed homes, if not, you could be waiting along time to get one thats vacant.
    i know a woman who moved into a large 3bed house with 2 bathrooms, her mother passed away after 6 months, so she ended up living there by herself, the bathroom was like 10x12 ft brand new .

Basically, to explain what happens and why people feel entitled...... we live in a democracy and vote for public Representatives, then they make laws on how the country operates. You then have the civil and public service the attempts to implement those laws and policies.
    Some of the policies are popular (free primary education) and some are unpopular (taxation / bank bailouts).
    One of these policies that has been in existence for a long time are housing schemes for people who may be, in some way, be disadvantaged for a whole host of reasons.
    Another of these policies are children's allowance. If you have a family, I'm guessing that you are in receipt (or have been in receipt) of this particular allowance. I'm also assuming that at no point did you think, "Hey, I can afford a 5 bedroom house, I don't need children's allowance, I'll give it back"

So to conclude I'd guess a lot of people feel an entitlement to housing benefits because we, as a democracy, have deemed it to be an appropriate service for those who qualify.

....so it's probably the same feeling of entitlement that allows you (and me) to accept those wonderful children's allowance payments every month :)

well done on the house by the way, 5 bedrooms, impressive.....

which is one of the reasons this little democracy is one worlds biggest debtor nation , if people have come to expect this cradle to grave pampering then perhaps they better wise up to the current reality facing this country , SORRY ,we may in the past have been able to provide 4 bedroom /6 bedroom luxury homes for the poor people who despite having no job or income felt it was good idea to have 5 or 6 kids and that the hard pressed taxpayers in this country who spend many sleepiness nights wondering how they will meet their next mortgage payment should pay for it . so its not an appropriate service , it never was and it certainly is not now

as for children s allowance never did benefit as i lived in USA during that time , but it too should curtailed considerably , i dont give a hoot whether i lived in a mansion or a bedsit long as i did not expect anybody else to pay for it

dont put words in my mouth.

I have no issue with people getting help from welfare as needed. I do take issue to people who are getting help complaining that they are not getting more help.

two very different things .....

well said.....

"never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up" Jesse Jackson

i like this quote better......

lets not slate the op anymore then, lets offer informed opinion.....instead of telling her off, or many other people in her situation....its not a complaint, more like a cry for honest information.......shes only after information.....dont kick the op for it and if the info is out there to be used let people avail of it mate..... its the infomation the op is after.... is it better to empower people or keep them firmly under your boot mate?......... .....

Thanks for the back-up am very upset with the deviators and need positive quotes not what seems to be Co council workers opinions...lol
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

sorry just read you're quote there..... you started an interesting thread.....its just a shame you have to sift through needless comments to get what it is you're after......all i can say to you op, is keep your head up, there'll be plenty of knock backs here for you but carry on.... you have a goal, so go chase your dream home...............

i hope it all goes well for you

face.......

ricman wrote: »
    CAN you not register with dublin city council , they seem to have more propertys than fingal, see threshold or centercare for advice.
    IS fingal council even building new 4 bed homes anywhere , have a look on the fingal website.
    The no of new houses being built is small.I know a woman she was waiting 8 years for a 2 bed flat, meanwhile she lived in a large 3bed house with a conservatory,ON RENT ALLOWANCE.
    theres charitys etc that provide houses to council tenants but i think the max they provide is 3bed new houses.
    unfortunately council policy is to sell homes to tenants after x amount of time ,so the no of council homes is decreasing .AND the houses are sold to people who are working ie you need to earn x amount to buy one.
    i,m just wondering if fingal are building ANY new 4bed homes, if not, you could be waiting along time to get one thats vacant.
    i know a woman who moved into a large 3bed house with 2 bathrooms, her mother passed away after 6 months, so she ended up living there by herself, the bathroom was like 10x12 ft brand new .

i think the op would probably need a letter from her current council stating that she has permission to approach dublin city to go on the housing list because she is deemed to be housed.....maybe this helps here.....and i definately agree with you that DCC have more housing stock to allocate.....would the op have a problem obtaing such a letter??........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

D3PO there is little point in launching an attack on the OP as she is probably just a product of her environment. What this thread really shows is that the welfare model of Western Europe first created after the chaos of WW2 has become a parody of itself. What was first envisaged as a safety net has turned into a societal and economical disaster.

• Advertisement

ricman wrote: »

Thats an absolutly brilliant point to raise..... do you think that housing stock could be held with-out the right to buy option on certain size properties??? Mainly 1,2 n 4beds Due to the fact that these are the options most needed to start people off and help to save and buy their own properties????? BRILLIANT.........Thank you........ 3beds being the most popular with the right to buy option......:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement