Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 bed council houses (housing lists)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elzer

danbohan wrote: »
    So to conclude I'd guess a lot of people feel an entitlement to housing benefits because we, as a democracy, have deemed it to be an appropriate service for those who qualify.

which is one of the reasons this little democracy is one worlds biggest debtor nation , if people have come to expect this cradle to grave pampering then perhaps they better wise up to the current reality facing this country , SORRY ,we may in the past have been able to provide 4 bedroom /6 bedroom luxury homes for the poor people who despite having no job or income felt it was good idea to have 5 or 6 kids and that the hard pressed taxpayers in this country who spend many sleepiness nights wondering how they will meet their next mortgage payment should pay for it . so its not an appropriate service , it never was and it certainly is not now

as for children s allowance never did benefit as i lived in USA during that time , but it too should curtailed considerably , i dont give a hoot whether i lived in a mansion or a bedsit long as i did not expect anybody else to pay for it

So basically your saying go live on the streets like most of America's Disadvantaged families....
    No charity in your book either mate????
    Your a very hard man and this world is hard enough we dont need segregatists like you in it.....
    Go live in Russia.... they keep the poor in siberia there so you wont have to look at them.......... And the workers are kept away from the money boys........
    But even they get housed.......:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elzer

Basically, to explain what happens and why people feel entitled...... we live in a democracy and vote for public Representatives, then they make laws on how the country operates. You then have the civil and public service the attempts to implement those laws and policies.
    Some of the policies are popular (free primary education) and some are unpopular (taxation / bank bailouts).
    One of these policies that has been in existence for a long time are housing schemes for people who may be, in some way, be disadvantaged for a whole host of reasons.
    Another of these policies are children's allowance. If you have a family, I'm guessing that you are in receipt (or have been in receipt) of this particular allowance. I'm also assuming that at no point did you think, "Hey, I can afford a 5 bedroom house, I don't need children's allowance, I'll give it back"

So to conclude I'd guess a lot of people feel an entitlement to housing benefits because we, as a democracy, have deemed it to be an appropriate service for those who qualify.

....so it's probably the same feeling of entitlement that allows you (and me) to accept those wonderful children's allowance payments every month :)

well done on the house by the way, 5 bedrooms, impressive.....

BRILLIANT.........:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm going through this thread to tidy it up- and take appropriate action against any posters who have broken any forum rules.

Thankyou to those who reported posts in this thread- my internet access was down for the past few days unfortunately, which is why I'm only getting around to this now.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wow! yea OP, how very dare you have 5 children when you are obviously not well off. Needless to day they are obviously not loved as much as happy middle class children, nor will then contribute to society in any formative way...

In addition what gives you the right to think that you can avail of legitimate social services that we, as a democracy, have decided are appropriate....

In addition I for one am shocked that you have internet access or that your other half is allowed into college, down with that sort of thing
    :rolleyes:

Folks, can ye look up sarchasm? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarchasm

irishgrover, no fair, what you posted is tantamount to trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The way the OP has been treated on this thread say's a hell of a lot about the kind of people on this site. She's trying to put a roof over her kids heads ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys-

I am appalled at this thread.

If you disagree with what someone posts- refute it factually without personalising your post. If you're not happy to do this- use the 'report post' function and explain to the moderators what your issue with a post is- and allow them take appropriate action.

I am closing this thread. If the OP wishes to start a factual thread- he/she may do so. If anyone steps out of line- they will be given a posting holiday from here........

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement