Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are all the fatties?

• 08-06-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Out for a long spin on Sunday and every cyclist I passed bar none was bombing along, perfect form, muscular legs peeking out of skin tight bib shorts, top range jersey, etc etc. And there's me, puffing along at a comparative standstill, 20 quid shorts numbing my cheeks, fat little hairy legs spinning ineffectually. Can anyone tell me where the fatties ride? The so-called "kebabs and guiness crowd" that Havoc runs into on his spins? Are they just not out at 830 of a Sunday morning? My ego is starting to deflate at an alarming rate :D:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Over here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Shoould have been out with the Swords swim cycle on Sun morn. There were a good few of them us there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

You're not alone, it was just that I was away this weekend.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

***OVER HERE*****

Lol. Aye I feel the same, all seem to be about 3 stone lighter than me!!! Feckers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

corblimey wrote: »
    Out for a long spin on Sunday and every cyclist I passed bar none was bombing along, perfect form, muscular legs peeking out of skin tight bib shorts, top range jersey, etc etc. And there's me, puffing along at a comparative standstill, 20 quid shorts numbing my cheeks, fat little hairy legs spinning ineffectually. Can anyone tell me where the fatties ride? The so-called "kebabs and guiness crowd" that Havoc runs into on his spins? Are they just not out at 830 of a Sunday morning? My ego is starting to deflate at an alarming rate :D:p

I think you answered your own question. If someone's out that early it probably means they didnt have a good sat night. If they didnt have a good sat night, it probably means they weren't boozing/sessioning. Ergo, the fatties you're looking for were either in bed or still having a good time somewhere!

Rookie error heading out with all the fitness freaks! Ye gotta give it till about 11 before venturing out in order to see normal people huffing and puffing along :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

2010 Target Weight

A bit quiet lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

I can be seen around swords usually one early morning at the weekend and a couple of evenings a week. I presume u mean meeting not passing?
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Someone was asking for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

know how you feel ,i was once 10 stone and fighting fit but alas no more :mad:
    one tip when you pass a shop window look the other way i do:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

try this for getting those legs in shape -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I did a 100km spin from Portmarnock through the Naul up to Drogheda on Saturday with a mate, great roads for training, so many short steep uphills giving you good interval training and very quiet roads.

But hardly saw a cyclist there, which was probably a good thing as anyone would have been quicker walking up those hills then my attempts at spinning up them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Plenty of love handles down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mr_staggerlee

l cycle the back roads so that noone has to 'boak' at looking at my doughy pasty flesh cramped into over tight lycra which is unforgiving.

but hey 4lbs down this season at least 18 more to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I was riding up the embankment "climb" (my Alpe d'Huez) recently and some skinny fecker passed me like he was on a motorbike. Why do those swines have to make me look so bad? Oh wait, that's my fault.

/puts down donut and eats another piece of pepper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

here as well although managed to drop a waiste size :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

they're inside eating on the couch of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

This 100 kg is saving it all up for Sun. in Greystones. Planning on beating 7am-7pm again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

The answer is obvious; all the fatties are behind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

BUUUUUURRRRPPPPP!!

07-07-20_mr_creosote.jpg

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

corblimey wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where the fatties ride?

We are there - you just need to know where to look! :-)
    C558494A8AFE4C08854AAE03BE765D35-800.jpg

Advertisement