Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant between Lenane and Galway City

Options
  • 08-06-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a restaurant between Lenane, Connemara and the Corrib Village Galway that will accomadate between 20 and 25 people this coming Saturday evening.

If I could get a menu of them we could ring our order in in advance and make it easier for both the restarant and ourselves.

Any suggestion welcome.

Thanks
    Jimmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Peacockes Hotel in Maam Cross would be your best bet - 091552306

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Unfortunately this is probably your best option. http://www.peacockes.ie/restaurant.html
    No decent restaurants on the route from Leenane to Galway that I can think of.
    Does the Pub at Maam Bridge do food? Keane's Pub I think it is, lovely spot.
    Oughterard has nothing that you'd stop for, maybe the Boat Inn or the Connemara Gateway Hotel. There is also the new Lake There are some nice places in Moycullen, but that is almost at Galway.

Just remembered there is a reopended hotel in Oughterard http://www.connemaralakehotel.com/galway_restaurant.htm
    Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The Forge in Moycullen do good food. Unfortunately the owners do not realise that we are in a recession as their prices are very much on the dear side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭LowOdour

As mentioned, the Connemara Lake does/did very good food. The lunch menu was very reasonable, not sure what evening menu is like. Has been 6 months since ive been in there so dont know if prices/qulaity has changed.

2 other options are the white gables and the co-op in moycullen.

Again, Peacocks, the rest of oughterard, the forge have drawbacks (poor food, expensive etc) so unless your stuck i'd pass on these.

Advertisement