Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to appeal a result

Options
  • 08-06-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I am doing engineering and i failed an exam which i honestly dont believe i did. It was a repeat exam.
    Can i appeal the result? And if so what is the process?

Also what is the story if i did happen to fail it, i assume i dont have to repeat the whole year as i passed all the other subjects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This should help re. the appeal process. As far as I know, you do have the option of viewing your script, so you could take a look at it again and see what you think before you decide to appeal.

If you did happen to fail the module, you'll have to do a resit in that module only. This varies from school to school, and could simply be an essay or take home exam, while others may require you to sit the exam the next time the course is offered. It'd be best to talk to your school about it.

Advertisement