Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spilled alcohol on sony camera

• 08-06-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I left my camera on a table in a pub over the weekend and think somebody spilled alcohol on it :(

this is my camera its a sony cybershot, i bought it in australia so cant really bring it back to the airport shop for repair really, jus wondering does anybody know a place/person that would be able have a look at it n galway city??

it turns on the screen wont show its jus black then it stays on for for like 10 secs and knocks on and off again and again, so annoying only have the camera a few months n it cost a good bit would like to try repair it before i giv up hope on it :(

http://butcholle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/sony-cybershot-dsc-t90-12mp-digital-camera-pink-5108.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

The best thing to do in these cases, is to first let the camera dry out properly. Take the battery and memory card out and leave it to dry properly. Put everything back in and see if it reboots itself.

Also, do the pictures show up when you plug the USB connection in your PC/Laptop? If so, I'd recommend quickly tranferring them off the card before you do anything else with the camera in order to ensure you keep them.

If not - bring it down to a Sony Centre, there's plenty of them in Ireland and I've found them very friendly in my dealings with them. Before they will charge you anything, they'll have a quick look at it to determin what the issue is. Regardless of the camera being bought in OZ, they looked after my Cybershot as well, which was bought in Belgium. I'm sure there must be one in Galway?

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missfemale

ya i took all the camera apart put it in the hot press, gonna try leave it for a week or so...

the photos are built in to the camera its like 4gb built n memory, the sony centre closed down in galway city but i think there is one in industrial estates gonna check it out tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Get one of those sealable plastic tubs - the kind you put leftovers into to put them in the fridge. Take out the battery and memory card and put them and the camera into the tub and then fill it up with dry uncooked long-grain rice. Seal the tub and leave it in the hotpress for a few days and then try it again.

Advertisement