Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wearing black to a wedding?

• 08-06-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I apologise if this topic has been posted before. I was just wondering, is it bad to wear a black dress to a summer wedding? I've spotted a goreous black dress that I'm looking for an excuse to buy, but can't quite decide if its suitable for a wedding.. Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Yes its suitable. "Tradition" says its not though. I would wear any colour but white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think it could be pulled off with colourful accessories and shoes,
    depending on the length and cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Definitely. I don't see any problem with wearing black to a wedding. Not white though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 russelp

Great, thanks for all the advice, esp about the colourful accessories! Completely agree with the no-white rule :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gillsD

I say go for it - coloured accessories or just dress up the look :) Only colour id say NO to is white - same as other posts... Althou i did once wear red to a wedding & was informed its a sign ur the new husbands mistress hahahaha NO i didnt & yes id wear red again (if the rite dress came along hahaha) enjoy! i've a wedding in Aug & havnt a breeze wat to get!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement