Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips to ease the nerves?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I'm sure I'm not the only one whose nervy-ness is driving them up the wall. I can't study or cram because I feel so giddy and sick and generally mental. Any tips to dispel the butterflies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Meet your friends in town for lunch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

If you don't already do, start regularly drinking water and eating fruit. As simple as it sounds, these things will help your body and mind. Vitamins and nutrients and all o' that jazz.

Chances are if you can't concentrate and you're stressed it's because you've been stressed for a long time. I know people who don't need to be worried at all, but they can't seem to help it. If this applies to you, stop worrying about study, and try to realise that a good rest is half the battle.

Do something that you enjoy doing, that takes little effort and will help to calm you down somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

To the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

At the moment I'm just having a read through Paper 1 past papers and plan on getting into bed at around 6 to relax! You're right though, I'm so giddy and hyper today too :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

danger ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

It's weird, 2 weeks ago I was going mad with nerve and fear. But in the past week, I genuinely don't care

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I just can't care about it. I don't see myself in 10 or even 5 years going "My leaving cert is still important to me". It might have something to do with the fact that I'm not studying in Ireland or even living here in less than 3 weeks. :D But that's how I feel, even if that didn't answer your question.

My only tips is relax, and whatever happens is going to happen. And you know yourself you'll probably do good. It's pretty much a rule of thumb that you go up by 100 points from your mocks, and if you're dedicated enough to come on to the INTERNET to TALK about the leaving cert I think that shows you care enough, which in turn means you'll be fine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Kyromancer

Go for a jog, or do something you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Do something completely unrelated to the exams tonight- go visit someone or go swimming or to the cinema or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Sex ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

...Roll a big ass joint, and think about summer, thats what i did, and i cant stop smillin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Watch it, all of you.......

My suggestion: A good old pray >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

dyeti is right - there's life after the LC and after first year in college (in fact even before that) nobody cares how you did. I'm 9 years out...can't remember what I got in points.It was...somewhere between 490 and 505..and I'm not exaggerating.
    Relax as best you can. All you can do from here out is your best and nothing else. Actually, truth be told, I found the whole thing to be a total anticlimax!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A big walk will do you the world of good. Clears the mind and exercise will help you sleep a lot better tonight.

If the weather is too bad a nice cup of herbal tea and an hour to yourself watching TV takes the edge off.

Ignore your phone too. The last thing you want is someone texting or ringing you in a panic when you're trying to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Can't beat a cup of tea.....

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

These are all pretty good actually thanks guys :D I just need to look over a few more essays... Argh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

tigerblob wrote: »
    These are all pretty good actually thanks guys :D I just need to look over a few more essays... Argh!!

Have Fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

maxxie wrote: »
    danger ****

genious

Advertisement