Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorola mpx200

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi I got a old motorola mpx200 because I love the flip phones, but I am running into problems.
    I have the cd,box cables, etc...but when I put in my 02 sim it just keeps on searching and wont let me connect to provider.

I know it's a complicated older smart phone. but all I wish to do is make phonecalls and texts. I was assured it's unlocked from orange in the uk, and it does seem to be as it will accept 02 sim.

Does anyone out there know about the mpx200, or would o2 or motorola or someone, take a look at it and see if it needs updates or whatever.

Any ideas? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

The only thing I can think of is that the phone is not set to auto network search and is restricted to some band not available near you. Check under something like settings->network setup->band... make sure it's auto. Unlikely but worth checking...

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭spacekiwi

thats it!!!
    just changed to auto and its found 02.
    cheers.

Advertisement