Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetfighters in Galway/Connaught

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey guys,I know alot of you are from dublin but is there anybody here from the Galway/Connaught region who would be up for some casual offline play?Im from Galway city.All my mates play is stupid pro evo:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    Hey guys,I know alot of you are from dublin but is there anybody here from the Galway/Connaught region who would be up for some casual offline play?Im from Galway city.All my mates play is stupid pro evo:mad:
    Pro Evo is not stupid...........actually, the last few have been pretty crap.

I'll send you a couple of names of Galway players that I've stumbled upon, later on, when I get home from work. The one's I was in contact with, seemed pretty keen on going to meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'm in Galway City. I was starting to think I was the only one (well, and my brother, who goes by Sairus on these boards, but he's emigrated to Cork for the summer). There's also a scene in Limerick starting to build momentum, I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

haha cheers ken,you're a sound guy even if you are a pro evo player:p!!!Hey dunjohn, thats funny, i actually played sairus and had a quick chat with him in dublin two weekends ago and i never even asked him where he was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ah didnt know you and sairus were bros dunjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

if yiz are on xbox live add JohnathanJ
    Am in galway love some bouts

theres a few others about

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah didnt know you and sairus were bros dunjohn

I'm kinda the mentor-in-the-background type, taught him everything he knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I'm kinda the mentor-in-the-background type, taught him everything he knows....

Can you play Rose? Cause Sairus can't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Looks like we got a GRUDGE MATCH lads , it is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Grudge match? Didn't we settle that in Eirtakon or Gamestop?
    It's hard to keep track of all the beatings.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Nice to see there are a few Galwegians around in the SF scene ^.^

I'm always up for a few games just throw me a friend req.

Tag : Amaratsu101

Always been tempted to go to some of these casuals in Dub or Limerick , but they just don't suit with my job atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aloisius Lavin

ya boys im from galway and always up fr a match, send me an invite
    gt: Aloisius Lavin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Already mentioned in first post, but I would really encourage you lads to meet up in person rather than posting gamertags for online games.

animaX wrote: »
    Already mentioned in first post, but I would really encourage you lads to meet up in person rather than posting gamertags for online games.

Yea , I gathered that but the problem arises of a where?
    I don't think there is many places in Galway that could accommodate something us like XGC in Dublin. Closest place I can think of is Squareyes in Forster court but they only really cater for PC gaming and Rock Band :(

But then , suggestions are always welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I don't think there is many places in Galway that could accommodate something us like XGC in Dublin. Closest place I can think of is Squareyes in Forster court but they only really cater for PC gaming and Rock Band :(

From what i hear from the GalwayLAN admin team, Squareeyes is a pretty helpful guy and he'll probably accommodate ye if ye ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

RopeDrink wrote: »
    If thats directed at me, you'll find my post states I'm not capable of meetups, but just threw the tag in anyways if any Galway heads just happened to play GFWL Vanilla version and wanted some stable online play.

I'm pretty sure everyone is very aware this thread is emphasising offline/casual play and not online.

Time to pickup an xbox and keyboard stick ;)
    mobile20photo2007.06.2u564.jpg

RopeDrink wrote: »
    If thats directed at me

No, not directed at you. There was a series of gamertag posts and i was just pointing out that the thread was veering away from its original intention.

I've never been to Squareyes, I'll see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Played a little myself but don't have, and haven't had, access to the game for a solid year now.
    Mate of mine just got Super though and is hoping to have a little tournament at his sometime in the near future, we all suck though (I don't think he even knows that you can cancel regular moves let alone cancel a focus attack) but sure if we get a little more involved i'll let you folks know and we can maybe have a meet somewhere e.g. Squareyes if it has it.

SquareEyes is pretty small, and geared mainly towards PC gaming. They have two small rooms for Rock Band though.
    Monroe's Bar on Dominick Street (?) hosted a SFIV tourney once.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

yeah, i was thinkin of square eyes, or that gaming place beside monroes at the end of dominic street, dont know if either of them does xbox/ps3 though

• Advertisement

I was planning to go in today, just to see what the setup is like, but something came up. I'll check on Saturday.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

But ye only need somewhere small for now. Our place in Limerick has 4 screens, and we've only needed 3. Something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If they do rock band, there must be a way to change up that setup to use for SF - you only need a console or two, and it'd take up less space even.

i heard that some1 was trying to set something up in the college, but i don't know where they were hoping to get the consoles and cop of the games from.

I was in squareyes today for a look. The girl I was talking to recommended that I ask the owner directly through their forums - squareyes.com - and I'm waiting for moderator approval on that.

They have about 50 PCs down there, and the rooms are pitch black. The two Rockband rooms were hard to see into so I dunno what the setup was like, but they look tiny.

here lads i finaly realized something that might make this work, i remembered that squareeyes has xbox 360 controllers for every computer and m fairly sure they have street fighter 4.

here lads i finaly realized something that might make this work, i remembered that squareeyes has xbox 360 controllers for every computer and m fairly sure they have street fighter 4.

Yeah they do , but not everything is unlocked on every computer. Plus to be honest , I reckon ppl would rather play SSF4 but its a nice thought

Can't you just bring your own copies of Super SF4?!

The game is on the P.C's. So I don't think that'll work :P

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    Can't you just bring your own copies of Super SF4?!
    They're saying that a possible way of getting around the tiny Rockband rooms is just playing SF4 on the PCs, so bringing Super copies wont help I'm afraid.

Advertisement