Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House needed

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Dear folk.... the owner of our wee cottage has suddenly returned from the US and is demanding his house back.. as in in 4 weeks.

Legally ( and we have spoken with Threshold and PTRB) he cannot evict us as we have a year's lease signed.

But we have no wish to stay in these circumstances; we need a short term let, say 6 months, to take breath.

We know; it is the worst time of year to do this.

Appalling thing to happen suddenly...

Any ideas welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dear folk.... the owner of our wee cottage has suddenly returned from the US and is demanding his house back.. as in in 4 weeks.

Legally ( and we have spoken with Threshold and PTRB) he cannot evict us as we have a year's lease signed.

But we have no wish to stay in these circumstances; we need a short term let, say 6 months, to take breath.

We know; it is the worst time of year to do this.

Appalling thing to happen suddenly...

Any ideas welcomed
    You could try www.daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fullstop wrote: »
    You could try www.daft.ie

Thanks; daft ie is a regular haunt of ours; the worst time of year for moving .. All the holiday lets etc....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Buy The Dealer too... usually rental places in there

Or try www.donegallettings.com or www.donegalproperties.ie

Best of luck with your search.

byte wrote: »
    Buy The Dealer too... usually rental places in there

Or try www.donegallettings.com or www.donegalproperties.ie

Best of luck with your search.

Thanks..... Very little now because of summer lets..Rotten timing :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

heh? there is almost always two and a half pages of long term rents in the dealer (the dealer the dealer the free ads paper [cant resist singing that every time i mention the name]) i leased out the last house i rented in june and there was loads to chose from, im sure you'll get something in there, also off the top of my head you should phone, easylet (if they dont have anythng they will find you sometihng to suit) McGettigan (theres 2 different McGettigans that rent out of letterkenny, dermott and the builder crowd), Just let, premier lets, Franklins estate agents, and thems just off the top of my head, most of them will have number in the phone book...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

you shouldn't have a problem getting somewhere Graces, where ideally would you want to be based?

you shouldn't have a problem getting somewhere Graces, where ideally would you want to be based?

For all the caring here, blessings and thanks.

Please see the thread on accommodation, "Eviction notice" for developments on this soap opera!

We need time to think and plan....just a month or three's .. grace. To find the right place.

Our "gold standard"?

http://www.conscottage.ie/

but it is not available all year round. He knows our interest! Ah well. we can dream.

Just do not want to be pushed into a decision we might regret and then have to move again.

We have feelers out in various places so need to hang on here; IF there is no aggression etc.

Need to get the lock changed though as we do have to be out sometimes and need that peace of mind.

The relevant authorities assure us that this eviction notice is illegal so we are trusting that.

Just such an appalling thing to happen. A huge shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I will keep an eye open Graces, theres bound to be somewhere,

NWA

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Have a fab cottage near Ramelton/Rathmullan for rent 3 bed ensuite and FF with all mod cons, just moved due to family things. Peaceful on one acre but 5 mins from towns

Glenalla wrote: »
    Have a fab cottage near Ramelton/Rathmullan for rent 3 bed ensuite and FF with all mod cons, just moved due to family things. Peaceful on one acre but 5 mins from towns

Thank you; I pmed you...

• Advertisement
Advertisement