Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog allergies - Question

Options
  • 08-06-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Can dog allergies just be in someones head, or are they actual allergies? I've often though that my mothers allergies are more because of her fear of dogs rather than actually being allergic.. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Does she just say she has allergies or have you noticed her sneezing, etc? I don't know if it could just be in her head, but I guess it's possible that if she thought she was allergic, she'd get symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Yeah I've actually seen her experience the allergies but it's usually only when she knows the dog is there.. When she doesn't know it's there she seems fine.. At least that's what I think anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Is that for the same dog? Some people could be allergic to one dog, but not as much to another dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

No it's any dog.. :eek: Some dogs more than others though! Usually if it's a big dog she starts coughing. She goes crazy around my uncles bull terrier, but experiences nothing around my neighbours dog.

Advertisement