Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question A or Essay first?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I was just wondering if it would be better to do your essay or your question A first in the exam?
    I always did the essay first to get it out of the way/for timing purposes, but my English teacher reccommended doing the A first to "stimulate your creative thinking" or something like that.

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Yeah I like to read the essay titles and have a little think and then do my A and B! It gets you into the English mindset as you've just read texts written by professionals which always helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Yep I do the same as Zam....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

yes. it will be more productive to do your question a and b before the main composition. it will get the ideas flowing, and get you thinking. you can be thinking about your main essay sublimely. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

It makes sense, but I can't help but worry about not finishing my essay in time...
    I guess it all depends on the questions though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I'll do the short story first if there's a question where I can use one I've already done. Otherwise I'll do it last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

...I do the questions then the essay, since u got em text to back it up, thats a good thing, but still time is the danger, i always need like atleast 20+ minutes for my essay, always end up with the ending/outro that just fizzles out everythin, for f sake, im just a kid, what they expect from us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭FordieMUFC

Don't take the reading comprehensions for granted, ever! They're worth 50 marks. It's 50 marks, while there are 60 marks going for the Singe text question on paper 2, and 70 for the comparitive and poetry.
    And as for your initial question, what Zam said.

Advertisement