Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfect working Wifi tether for rooted Eclair phones

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks again guys, still no luck getting this to work. I thought I'd be able to test it today, using my brothers desire. But his didn't pick up the signal at all :confused: Can the desire only pick up normal wifi signals and not ad hoc/computer to computer or whatever the Desire transmits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Works perfectly, great find, many thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I got PdaNet working on my hero with no need to root it. You just need to download the app from the market and the pc app:

http://www.junefabrics.com/android/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Pdanet is usb or bluetooth and needs a desktop app though, yeah?

It's useful but not as good as a wifi hub

Think it mentions wifi on the page there :)?

But the big part that's missing is that you don't have a portable router in your pocket with that because to connect say, a friends laptop, they'd still need to have downloaded the software, which is where the rooted tether comes in great. Still haven't got it to work myself :(

Is there any way to pick up adhoc/computer to computer signals on the Desire itself? As I said, I tried to connect to my wifi from my Desire, using my brothers Desire, but he couldn't pick up the signal, but all the other signals in the area were coming up :(

• Advertisement

Finally got it working! :)

I'm still not sure how, it's either that I chose to only connect to adhoc networks, or maybe that I created the new connection with the same name, or maybe something else, but it's terribly slow (I had to log on to m.boards.ie to get this page to load even!) so hopefully that's just my signal with the network (it does say G as opposed to 3g) and not anything else.

I tried to turn on access control, but again, I'm not sure if that stopped it connecting because it wouldn't connect with it on?

I still haven't figured it out exactly how to connect each time, or what I can and can't enable to allow me to connect, but at least I got it working :)

Ok, I think it's definitely something to do with only allowing adhoc connections in the wifi settings on the computer!

Connected to H on network dispay on phone now, seems a bit faster?

Working great now, sweet, thanks a lot! :D

Advertisement