Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough Work

Options
  • 08-06-2010 6:16pm

In the exams are you given specific scrap paper to do rough work or are you supposed to do it within your exam booklet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

In the exams are you given specific scrap paper to do rough work or are you supposed to do it within your exam booklet?

Just think about it.
    The answer is fairly obvious :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

its the exact same as the mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

All paper you get you have to hand up!

lc2010 wrote: »
    All paper you get you have to hand up!
    Yeah I know that, just making sure so there's no surprises...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

No, you will only get the pink/blue exam booklets. Bear in mind that rough work is fine for eng paper 1 but for paper 2 it would have to be fairly quick to squeeze everything else in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

No, you will only get the pink/blue exam booklets. Bear in mind that rough work is fine for eng paper 1 but for paper 2 it would have to be fairly quick to squeeze everything else in.

Theres around 30 pages in the booklet? and im sure your able to ask for more paper:rolleyes:

Well I always plan before doing essay Qs but I suppose it's best to do that before the Q instead of all in one place.

I meant timewise! Paper 2 is an absolute nightmare. 30 pages, nope. There's 15 at a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Examiners love rough work and plans. Show everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I usually do my rough work on the exam paper and not the answer book. So will doing it on the answer book not harm the marks? A big mess of ideas around a cirlce when they turn the first page might not make the best impression no?

• Advertisement

Liveit wrote: »
    I usually do my rough work on the exam paper and not the answer book. So will doing it on the answer book not harm the marks? A big mess of ideas around a cirlce when they turn the first page might not make the best impression no?
    On the contrary, it shows you were thinking about the Q and helps you keep your answer relevant and focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

mabye doing it on the back of the answer booklet would be better and neater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

The front page is best. A plan goes at the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Incorrect- you can ask for extra paper in any exam. Did pay for it after all!

Incorrect- you can ask for extra paper in any exam. Did pay for it after all!

I do mean timewise not booklet wise. You can ask for 10 booklets if you want. It's always fun when someone's hand goes up after 15 minutes and puts the fear of God in everyone else..

Advertisement