Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy Exchange to be upgraded (Eircom)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

That would be great,but I wont hold my breath and the way we've been treated over the past 6 months has me determined to move to another supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Yeah it's strange alright. I've never seen a company treat their existing customers so poorly.
    If you look at customer service in the US, they concentrate more on keeping their current customers happy, rather than drawing in new ones. Because of this, free advertising happens due to word-of-mouth.

Pity Eircom can't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

You can get Smart LLU from the Castletroy exchange AFAIK - no contention and probably cheaper than Eircom

Unfortunately I'm stuck with Eircom :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Unfortunately I'm stuck with Eircom :(

Why? :confused:

• Advertisement

Oracle wrote: »
    Why? :confused:

It's not my house, and I don't pay the bill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Will this upgrade only benefit customers connected to Castletroy or is that
    exchange a major hub for all Limerick broadband traffic?

I remember having a conversation with an Eircom line tech ages ago, a good lad who was trying his best to get this sorted, I seem to remember me thinking that the B-RAS was in the castletroy exchange.....

Could be wrong.

Xennon wrote: »
    I seem to remember me thinking that the B-RAS was in the castletroy exchange.....

Yes that was my thinking too..

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

Hi,

Where exactly is the Castletroy Limerick Exchange.

Planning on moving to that area, so don't want to be to far from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Interesting.

Anyone on b-ras2 noticed an improvement in the last 3 days? I haven't been using it during the "bad hours" last few days so I'm not sure.

Packet loss from 10 pings send every 10 minutes to eircom.net

Past 24 hrs:

picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6598

Compared to the past week:

picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6599

Past 5 weeks ping times to Eircom.net based on an average of 10 pings taken every 10 minutes:

picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6600

Too early to say if there is an improvement. Will post updated graphs at the end of the week.

Back to its usual sh!te performance last night;

picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6607

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thePFY

Hi,

Where exactly is the Castletroy Limerick Exchange.

Planning on moving to that area, so don't want to be to far from it.

open to correction on this but it's opposite the Hurlers pub on the Dublin Rd....

Is anyone else seeing a complete loss of eircom bb connection right now? (Castletroy exchange)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yup have no connection for at least half an hour now.

Cool, ty cAr0l, good to know I'm not the only one :-)
    Hopping this is the upgrade in progress altho the logs say it has a data link at 3072/384 but "PPP CHAP failure".... not that I know what that means exactly...

13:24, 22 Jun 2010
    eircom

eircom are currently experiencing a network failure in a number of our exchanges which has resulted in loss of broadband for up to 7,000 customers. We are working closely with our vendor to resolve the issue as soon as possible. The locations affected include - Ballina, Ballymoe, Ballygorman, Balintogher, Ballymacahill, Broadford, Bunratty, Castletroy, Clarecastle, Croom, Dundrum (Limerick), Feakle, Knock Airport, Kilarney, Kildimo, Kinvara, Miltown Malby, Tralee, Westport, Whitepark, Rosslevin, Sligo. It is important to point out that not all customers in these areas are impacted.

We currently do not have a timeframe for when broadband service will be restored to affected customers but we are urgently working with our vendor in this regard.

Looks like the new Bras rig doesnt work... :rolleyes:

So this is what 5 vans of Eircom techs parked outside Castletroy exchange can do to your network!!..Beware!!!...if you see them tinkering with your lines call the gardai :rolleyes:

picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6633

graph of average time of 10 pings to www.eircom.net taken every 10 minutes.

This is what they call 'upgrading an exchange"!!!

Been playing on it the last two nights and the game connection didn't drop once which is promising. Slow speeds I can live with but the packet loss was a killer, would love if it was fixed but I wont hold my breath until this continues for a few more days at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Xennon wrote: »
    Looks like the new Bras rig doesnt work... :rolleyes:

You can add Ennis to that list. Im with Vodafone but I rang them and they said they use the Castletroy exchange and the outage was due to Eircom doing upgrade work. Rang Eircom to get a rough idea how long theyd be working on it and (im not joking) the guy had no idea what I was talking about! Eff'ing typical :rolleyes:

Hows packet loss been for the past few days Xennon?

Packet loss has improved;
    picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6697
    Packet loss from 10 pings to www.eircom.net taken at 10 minute intervals

However ping times OMG!!! :eek:
    picture.php?albumid=1207&pictureid=6698Average ping time of 10 consecutive pings to www.eircom.net taken at 10 minute intervals

Thats what you get for not renewing your contract with the company that actually knows how to run the network and hand it over to 'yellowpacks'

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

35notout wrote: »
    You can get Smart LLU from the Castletroy exchange AFAIK - no contention and probably cheaper than Eircom

Magnet are also in the Castletroy exchange.

ping times don't worry me that much, so long as connections dont drop it makes gaming actually possible on it.

Advertisement