Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia x6 good or bad phone

Options
  • 08-06-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Thinking of getting a nokia x6. Anyone have one or used one and care to share there opinion on it?
    I have read a few online reviews but would like to hear from an average phone user not a phone tester!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Havent use it myself!! but the os on it is plain terrible!!! thats the reason why nokia are replacing it with symbian 3!! although that is only better behind the scenes and still looks the same!!

Have a look at the n900!! pure excellence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Uggg, get yourself an android based phone. Nokia software is horrible to use and the apps are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

such as...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Depends on how much you want to spend, the cheapest one at the moment it probably the Samsung Spica, followed by HTC Hero, Legend, Desire, Sony X10, you could be better off asking over in the android forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

If it's pay as you go i'd probably pick the Spica if it's bill pay it would have to be a Desire

so are the mokia ovi apps crap or whats the story with them?? x6 cought my eye with the 16gb internal memory which would be handy for music. it will be pre pay ill be getting it on. most likely change to 3 network also as it looks like they are doing a good deal. was looking at that that samsung spica but not gone on it. have a tocco lite atm but it is wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

sean1141 wrote: »
    so are the mokia ovi apps crap or whats the story with them?? x6 cought my eye with the 16gb internal memory which would be handy for music. it will be pre pay ill be getting it on. most likely change to 3 network also as it looks like they are doing a good deal. was looking at that that samsung spica but not gone on it. have a tocco lite atm but it is wrecked

The OVI app store is just so limited in choice tbh. Most of it seems to be made up of crappy paid apps like ringtones and wallpapers I just never found many useful ones.

what useful ones would the androide have?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

sean1141 wrote: »
    Hi all. Thinking of getting a nokia x6. Anyone have one or used one and care to share there opinion on it?
    I have read a few online reviews but would like to hear from an average phone user not a phone tester!

I got to play with the nokia N8 recently (Nokia were demo'ing their new phones).

Must say, it was class!!!!

3.5 inch touchscreen.
    16GB's internal hd.
    12 megapixel camera!!! :eek:
    HDMI output, etc, etc.

It runs on symbian 3 with no lag on it from what i could see.

They said it was going to retail at approx €350 sim free and (they thought) around €60 on contract (they did say that the contract price was a guess though!!).

I was going to get an android phone, but i'll be hanging on until the third quarter when this comes out.

what about a x10 mini??

Advertisement