Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Those aren't just any actors. From Ars Technica
    That's Michael Jai White as Jax, and Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade. While neither of those two are big stars, it's not like they're actors you can just call and ask for a favor.

And it's just in time for E3.

So, movie or game?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

There are a few minor league names, not fan based short material there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

5uspect wrote: »
    Those aren't just any actors. From Ars Technica

And it's just in time for E3.

So, movie or game?

Rumours of an M-rated MK game have stated to surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

That was quite cool! So that's a good Street Fighter AND a good MK short in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully more comes out of both camps!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Looks like a pilot for a new mk tv series to me, Not really digging some of it like the doctor who shoved spike's into his arm's, who i think looks more like kabal than barracka. hmm and reptile is basicly a retard. I dunno this could turn out good or just the entire thing will WTF this make's no sense. Also the johnny cage thing they were like his acting career died so we hired him to go under cover.. yes lets hire a well known actor to go....under cover for the police force hmm amazing.

Ah no but im looking forward to seeing what come's of this cant be worse than V thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was really surprised at it, to be honest. High production values.

Its a pitch to WB to reboot the movie franchise.
    Mortal Kombat is a movie franchise that has been missing one thing - the blood and guts that we all loved from the video games.

Now it looks as if we're going to finally get the rated 'R' reboot we fans deserve. Kotaku has the first look at the Mortal Kombat test video shot for Warner Brothers to get funding for a full blown hard 'R' MK movie. Yes, this is the direction they plan on going for the Mortal Kombat reboot. And I've got the exclusive goods on who played who.

* The short was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, who did the remake of Fame last year. Judging from this short, Kevin is the perfect director for this movie.

* Jacks is played by Michael Jai White. Michael played Spawn and was in Undisputed II. Michael makes a great Jacks (Jax).

* Sonya Blade is played by Jeri Ryan, who played Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager.

* Baraka was played by the very talented Lateef Crowder, who plays the Brazilian fighter in Undisputed III.

* Scorpion is played by Ian Anthony Dale. Ian plays Kazuya in the upcoming big screen version of Tekken.

* Johnny Cage was played by up and coming martial arts sensation Matt Mullins.

* Still working on who played Reptile. Will update when I find out.

* The fight choreography was done by Larnell Stovall. Larnell did the fight choreography for Undisputed III and is one of the best fight choreographers in the business. You want to see the fights you deserve? Then you fans should DEMAND he be the guy in one charge for this reboot.

* I know who might be playing Sub-Zero, but don't want to mention it in case it screws something up. He'd be perfect for the part.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/mortal-kombat-fans-this-is-the-hard-r-mk-movie-you-ve-been-waiting-for-10164

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

That was awesome.

Has the potential to be a very creepy film, just how it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

I saw this yesterday and thought it was awesome. Was sickened to find it was only a short though.

Jeri Ryan, one of the stars of a Mortal Kombat movie clip doing the rounds on the internet, has revealed more about its origins.

"It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film," she wrote on Twitter.

"I did it as a favour to a friend. No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was. And I'm not sure how you can contact WB to push them to make it. But you guys are resourceful!"

Wu-Tang Clan member RZA has also been twittering about the video. He reckons it's by Kevin Tanchoeren, director of, um, the 2009 Fame movie and Britney Spears Live from Miami.

"This should bring back Mortal Kombat BONG!!" wrote the RZA. And goodness knows we'd all like to see that.

Warner Bros. has yet to comment on the video clip.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/jeri-ryan-explains-mortal-kombat-video-article

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

It's been getting alot of attention so here's hoping that it'll get made into a movie with the games. The last MK game was woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What last Mortal Kombat game? I thought they stopped after MK3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    What last Mortal Kombat game? I thought they stopped after MK3.

Ok it's probably not the last one but the one I was referring to was MK: Armageddon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

This is neither a movie or a game. This is a concept movie submitted to warner bros.

Sub-zero is just a 3d model made by 3rd party, that ugly baby is a real footage of a real deformed baby, reptile is actually a character from entirely different movie and so on...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I thought that was excellent, much better than any other game to film job i have seen, although thats not hard. I would really like this to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Looks quite impressive I must say. Could be better than the original MK movie

Although I had to laugh at the well known movie star Johnny Cage going undercover... who isn't going to recognise him!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Pause at 7:12 to see Sub-Zeros face, He looks like the Strogg from Quake!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I couldnt stop thinking of Law Abiding Citizen for when Scorpion was sitting down:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

This Looks EPIICCCC. Game and Movie, please? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Looked like criminal minds with Mortal Kombat characters. I apporve. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That was actually really good. Certainly better then the tv shows, and equally as good as the movie :P No Johnny Cage nut punches though :(

Advertisement