Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkee, June bank holiday

• 08-06-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

i have been going to kilkee my whole life, with my entire family. it is, and always will be a very special place to me. however, this weekend was not that good at all. and the reason for that is the amount of f*cking scumbags around the place, particularly on sunday night. there was plenty of trouble uptown on saturday also. i heard about some guy getting his head kicked in outside the strand and another lad got mugged down by cunninghams mobile park. but the main st was a war zone all weekend. most big weekends are like that down there these days but ive never seen anything like this past weekend. i counted about 3 or 4 guards all weekend. but these scumbags make my blood boil. was anyone else down there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Wasn't there but I heard it was messy allright. June and August B.H. weekends were always that way though when you had fine weather. 20 years ago it was the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Scar001

Was down there Friday thru Monday and must say I didn't see a thing. Have young kids so wasn't out too late. Was on the main street around 10pm on Sunday night and didn't see anything either. Think its just the way it is. Used always be a riot on the bus back from Ballybunion to Limerick on June weekend 20 years ago.

Anybody have any views on Spanish Cove apartments behind Ocean Cove Hotel? Stayed there for the long weekend. Right beside beach etc. 2 beds for sale for around 100K. Sounds good but there is an ass load of them for sale. Might turn into a tip??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Sounds cheap. Great location. Offer them 80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

It's always had that reputation so it's to be expected. I think most places get a bit rough when the weather is too good. I was in Galway in the afternoon on Saturday and by 6pm there were a lot of people straggering about and roaring stuff into each others ears. Once the weather gets crappy again people calm down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

love the place but always avoid it Whit and August weekends - too much scum around the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

It's always had that reputation so it's to be expected. I think most places get a bit rough when the weather is too good. I was in Galway in the afternoon on Saturday and by 6pm there were a lot of people straggering about and roaring stuff into each others ears. Once the weather gets crappy again people calm down a bit.

your bang on there, scumbags are like wasps they love the sunshine and they come out in their droves when its hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

fryup wrote: »
    your bang on there, scumbags are like wasps they love the sunshine and they come out in their droves when its hot
    the rest of the time they're stuck inside watching re-runs of Dr Phil while drinking Carling cans bought with our money.

Disgraceful.

I'm a student so I do that on my own dollar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Limerick scum have to holiday somewhere that the dole allows them to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

exioot wrote: »
    Limerick scum have to holiday somewhere that the dole allows them to.

Fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Oh yeah, blame everything on Limerick :rolleyes:
    I wasn't there this year but there's usually a traveller invasion on the June bank holiday, happens every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭purple_hatstand

And if that doesn't work, blame travellers!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You'd have to be blind to not see the caravans everywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Scar001 wrote: »

Anybody have any views on Spanish Cove apartments behind Ocean Cove Hotel? Stayed there for the long weekend. Right beside beach etc. 2 beds for sale for around 100K. Sounds good but there is an ass load of them for sale. Might turn into a tip??

I stayed in them a few times. I found them dirty and the woman who was in charge was no help. She resented having it pointed out that people do not come on holidays to either a) sit in and look at dirt, or b) spend some or all of their time cleaning up other peoples dirt.
    As a result I do not stay there any more and do not encourage other people to do so either. I am now completely biased against the place. It is a pity. the site is excellent and if it was well run would be hard to beat.

It's the Clare message board. Everything is Limerick peoples fault. Or travellers. Or Limerick travellers.

Advertisement