Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That's a pretty cool trailer. I'm actually looking forward to this game, but i really hope it doesnt suck. It looks really cool they way it's like playing 4 different games.

I'm not very familiar with the Spiderman Noir or 2099 (which reminds me of Spawn in that video). It's good the way each dimension you play has a totally different look and gameplay from each other. Hopefully they are all inter-twined with each other. Like instead of playing all Amazing Spiderman first, then all of Noir, etc. But have like one level of Amazing, flip to 2099, flip back to amazing, flip to Noir, etc. etc.

I also see on Wiki that there is 2 preorder bonus costumes:
    Cosmic Spiderman & Iron spider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiderman_Shattered_Dimension

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Wow! The new dimension looks pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of MDK and Spawn. Used to love that game! When's it out?

The game got a pretty good review from IGN. It got a score 0f 8.0.

Here's the link: http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/111/1118658p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Great game, well worth a look, iffy camera angles aside

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've loved most of the Spiderman games (although, I think it was Spiderman 3 on PC that was a crime against humanity), and I'm really looking forward to it. Can't help but feel a little disappointed that it's not a full city to zip through, but I suppose the trade off is that the linear levels are better crafted and scripted. I'll definitely be getting this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,782 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll be getting this too. Haven't gotten a Spiderman game since Spiderman 3, which was just terrible after the joy that was Spiderman 2. But this one looks really interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Game looks really sweet but IGN mentions numerous bugs, annoying camera and repetitive gameplay (picking up helpless people and not much depth to the fighting) but I still definitely wanna play it.

Might wait a few months when it drops to half-price :)

I've bee npretty excited about this since it was first announced, it's just a pity we cant get it here until Friday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Looks good enough for me, I'll definitely be picking this one up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

I'm getting this, too much geeky goodness not to get it.

Really looking forward to the 2099 sections, as well as Neil Patrick Harris as Earth-616 Spidey and Josh Keaton as Ultimate-verse Spider-Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

HMV are giving away a free Spiderman Dimensions with it for €45. Cheaper than anywhere else I've seen by a fiver but I'm still on the fence as to whether to grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The reviews are pretty inspiring; I'll be picking this up ASAP. I'm really looking forward to playing the 2099 parts as well, gotta love that '90s nostalgia!

:mad: Arrrgggghhhh! Just back from my local Xtra-Vision to pick up this game, and surprise surprise. they didn't get it in stock for sale. Not even one copy, on any console. The same thing happened when i went to buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 last year. Guess i'll be payin a visit to Gamestop over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I rented it in my local xtravision. Looking forward to some good button mashing tonight!

Anyone got any feedback on the game yet?? Is it worth buying. i.e. trading in another game for it???

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Anyone got any feedback on the game yet?? Is it worth buying. i.e. trading in another game for it???

We'll have a review up this evening/tomorrow morning. It's quite a good game, not up to the standard of Arkham Asylum but it's the best Spiderman game out there regardless. Definitely worth a rent as there isn't much out at the moment and worth a buy if you're a spidey fan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not too far into it, but I'm really enjoying it. The combat is fast and can get pretty nailbiting at times. The levels are fairly linear (you'll always know where you're going and what you have to do as it's pretty much right in front of you), but they look well and there's a few bits and pieces hidden around the place.

You can tell the game is really trying to emulate Arkham Asylum. They have detective mode...eh, I mean Spidey Sense, which lets you see where enemies are and where hidden items are. They also have trophies of the characters that are unlocked. And the Spiderman Noir section is pretty much the same as Arkham Asylum, as in you sneak around taking out people from up in the rafters, etc.

There's loads of tasks to complete as well, that give you points to spend on upgrades and unlockable costumes, but they're not too hard to achieve, which kind of destroys the replayability a little. For example, some of the tasks would be to kill X amount of baddies. You don't have to go out of your way as you're going to kill them anyway.

One thing that bothers me is that the wall crawling is rubbish. The maps are too cramped and there's places that you can't walk, for absolutely no reason. It's a very annoying. And also, because the levels are so small at times, web swinging is a bit redundant. There's an auto web swing where a place is marked and you automatically zip to land on that place (a direct rip of Batman's grapple gun), which you'll use more than the web swing.

But it's well worth picking up if you like this type of action game. You'll probably finish it easily enough, but you'll enjoy it.

Yeah I'm about 4 levels in and really enjoying it too. Camera really is dreadful though (especially noticeable in the noir levels when you're trying to sneak along the walls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah I'm about 4 levels in and really enjoying it too. Camera really is dreadful though (especially noticeable in the noir levels when you're trying to sneak along the walls)

Yeah, very noticable alright. Was trying to sneak around the lights at the hammerhead part and found it next to impossible. Great game despite this.

• Advertisement

Finished it about an hour ago (quiet weekend). Overall I enjoyed it, but it missed a lot of the charm of previous Spiderman games. There was rarely any need to swing or wall crawl. Even though the levels in previous games were still fairly linear, in between levels you had a whole city to explore and could just swing around with collectibles to find. This just feels a lot more like a button masher, almost more like God Of War than Batman, particularly in later levels. The Noir sections were very similar to Arkham Asylum though.

Overall, a good game. Worth a rent anyway. And I can see some of the challenges giving a good bit of replayability.

I'm 2 levels from the end. They're taking about an hour each, so with 14 levels that's a good length for a game. For a button masher, there is decent variety in the levels too.

The script is laugh out loud funny too... some terrific lines (I think the
    Deadpool
    level is the funniest).

Definitely worth a rent....

About half way through the game (just finished 2099 part 2), great fun so far. Probably more of a rental if you're not a Spidey fan though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Are any of the 'shattered dimensions' open world? Read a few reviews and still not entirely sure! Spiderman 2 remains one of the great open world games for me, I became disillusioned after the crushing disappointment of Spiderman 3 (movie and game!). If the simple joys of swinging around a city like a spider can remain, I might pick this up when the price point is a little lower.

No open-worlds, sorry. I would definitely buy a full Spider-Man 2099 game. Combining the swinging with freefall in the future NYC would be awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No open-worlds, sorry. I would definitely buy a full Spider-Man 2099 game. Combining the swinging with freefall in the future NYC would be awesome.

That's a shame :(

It's strange: Spiderman 2 got there before Batman in making a game that truly understood the appeal of the character. For me, the free-roaming was pretty essential to that. Shame the full Spiderman 2 sequel hasn't surfaced yet! This does sound interesting, but in a different way than what made S2 so compelling.

If you want a free roaming city, there's always Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. It's not bad, and should be fairly cheap now.

Picked up the game today and i am fairly impressed so far. Just finished the first Act - the Kraven level. the levels seem fairly spread out and seem to take time, well hopefully they all are teh same way. I like the challenges and finding the collectables. It will give the levels a bit replay value.
    So far s oggod for me anyway, it's no Arkham Asylum beater, but it quiet possibly is the best Marvel Comics game to date.

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with this game. For a Spiderman game, there was little actual web swinging (most sections required that web zip move) and very little wall crawling. Coupled with the fact that the camera was terrible, the web swinging / web zip control was very unresponsive and difficult due to the camera, and it just tried to copy so many bits from other games. Batman: Arkham Asylum and God of War in particular. But both those games did the same thing much better.

To be honest I can't even really see me going back to replay this a lot. I'd love to get all the extra costumes, but don't think I want them enough to replay the game another time, let alone 2 or 3 times for some levels

• Advertisement

"Fancy Dan, the ladies man. They found him in a garbage can"

I nearly wet myself laughing when i heard it, It truly deserves: LMFAO

Advertisement