Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the best time to start House-Hunting?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Evenin' All.

So, me and a friend are hoping to find a place in the Rathmines area to live from September to next June and we've asked some people who have done it in the past and we've gotten mixed ideas on when to start looking.

One person said June is the best time, while another said that most people do not advertise accomodation aimed at students until around the time the CAO comes out.

Anyone care to enlighten me? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your area is a prime student area so rents are stable I imagine however more property will be available from end of term around now i imagine....

However you will be paying rent when your not there... if you dont move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Your area is a prime student area so rents are stable I imagine however more property will be available from end of term around now i imagine....

However you will be paying rent when your not there... if you dont move in.

So if we secured a home say next week, we couldn't start the contract from August/September?

Or is that up to the discretion of the Landlord? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Tenks wrote: »
    So if we secured a home say next week, we couldn't start the contract from August/September?

Or is that up to the discretion of the Landlord? :o

I dont know... But if i were the landlord I would know the market. I would want you paying rent from when you sign the contract... Otherwise i would hold off... But if you try a side street perhaps you will find someone more leanent and you will save them an advert.

You have nothing to loose by trying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I'd say around 1996.

Advertisement