Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Satrep Online Weather Briefings

Options
  • 08-06-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Every month or so the Satrep team run free online Skype conference briefings, which are open to any member of the public. They are conducted by professional satellite meteorologists from the Finnish, Portugueses, Austrian and Croatian Met Services, and are extremely interesting and educational. They study and explain all the main European weather features of the day using the Satreponline toolkit, and you're free to ask questions at any time.

I've taken part in several briefings, and had signed up for this morning's one, but for some reason I though it was on this Thursday! :rolleyes: But all briefings are recorded so it's easy to catch up.

The next one is scheduled for Thursday 15th July, 09UTC.

Briefings are here
    Satreponline toolkit is here It's a great source of ECMWF and satellite data, and it's a good idea to become familiarised with it beforehand.
    Educational reading material, explaining all the conceptual models, is here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just a reminder that the Satrep briefing is on this Thursday at 10am. You can still register.

I'm sure there will be plenty to get through as we're in a very active phase of weather throughout Europe at present.

Advertisement