Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Healthy Hair

• 08-06-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi guys!
    I'm a woman on a mission-I want thicker hair! Now I know there are no miracle items but I'm just curious if any body here uses health supplements to thicken their hair? I have seen various types in the chemists but I would like someone elses opinion on it before I splash out.

I do have a healthy diet, and I have stopped colouring my hair since before Christmas but I do have naturally brittle and thin(ish) hair. I would love some luciuos locks for a change!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

I think to make your hair thicker you could get extensions, or use velcro rollers in your hair to give it body after you blowdried it...also volumising mousse does wonders.
    It also depends on your haircut - there are many techniques to make hair look thicker so you could ask your hairdresser that you want it thicker - I once asked my stylist to cut it thicker and it was so voluminous (tho i always blowdry it with volume too but little things like that really help)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I wouldn't say hair exensions are the way to go if you say your hair is brittle, they might damage it further. Kinda in the same position myself and have been trying to ease off on the hightlights and hair straighteners in order to save the hair a little and thicken it up. Have been taking these hair/nail/skin capsules that I got in Boots for the past 6 weeks but no major improvements in the health of my hair but maybe it will just take longer before I see any results.

Advertisement