Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-capitalist tyre slasher given chance to avoid prison

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

:eek:

'nuff said ;)

I get what your saying but that's not a correct characterization of anarchism, that is anarchy in the demonized sense of the word :pac:
    You should read that essay, it's interesting & if you ever meet your christian anarchist friend I'm sure you could school him with some basic facts in an informed way :cool:
    Is that not the same as Satanists saying the devils just misunderstood and he's really a nice guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

:eek:

'nuff said ;)

Worse than the Romans are they ?
    If he was stoned, I thought he wouldn't have been fcked walking around slashing tires

Must have been crappy soapbar
    that is anarchy in the demonized sense of the word :pac:

TBH Anarchy is so widely misunderstood and misconstrued to mean a state of lawlwss chaos to the extent that the term is really beyond reclaiming and the original concept is in need of a complete rebrand and its about time that someone told this to the leader of the Anarchist party :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She said she also wants to see if he gets into a degree course he is planning to do.

Typical, greedy capitalist pig oppressing the common man as always.

Stark wrote: »
    Typical, greedy capitalist pig oppressing the common man as always.

What is the degree in

Business studies ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

:p
    , "question everything" ;)
    I have lived my life by that mantra, not always easy but always entertaining.
    Never just "accept"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

What a knacker. Having a gripe with capitalism is all well and good (who doesn't these days) but the vast majority of these cars were probably owned by good hard-working people who don't own any banks or anything of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Pittens wrote: »
    anarchism is ****. Anti-Captialists have some points but generally no solutions.

Ah Pittens, I'm still waiting on a response to all of the nonsense you posted about Religion earlier ;)

I don't know how many things you've called **** at this stage, funny how you couldn't defend this slanderous characterization.
    as a centre rightist who sees the State as the greater enemy

That explains why you accused me of being a liberal in a derrogatory manner. I suppose Milton Friedman & his Chicago Boys absolute destruction of Chile would be more to your liking :D
    aI dont care if this guy goes to jail or not. If he can pay back ( his debt to society), and save the State money in Jail costs so be it.

Excusing justice at the expense of money, that does sound like a right-wing ideological stetement alright...

aThis wasn't violent, it was political, and nor was it the kind of politics which demanded or could cause violence against an individual. Nor was it breaking and entering - which is more serious as it reduces people's confidence in their home, nor was violence threatened or implied against a person - which is always the case with muggings.

You can't be serious, look how misguided the fellow was, he went out and slashed tyre's after watching a youtube video. That is psychological insanity & screams out for a better explanation.

That is hardly a political matter, it was frustration & extreme stupidity.
    So, Well done judge.

I agree
    ScumLord wrote: »
    Is that not the same as Satanists saying the devils just misunderstood and he's really a nice guy?

I'm sure it seems that way to somebody who knows absolutely nothing about either Satanism or Anarchism as a political ideology.

good hard-working people who don't own any banks or anything of the sort.

Since Nationalisation in theory we all own the banks

on the other hand since NAMA the banks all own us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Under arrest, a member of poject mayhem has a name; his name is Michael Somers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Who pays for the tyre damage? Don't tell me its the car owners who get stuck for the bill

• Advertisement

caused €22,314 worth of damage to the vehicles .....adjouring the case for over a year to let Somers "put his money where his mouth is."......has already paid over €1,000 in compensation.

Seemingly its being repaid over thirty years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Looks like 77 were owned by a car Dealership and the rest (51?) were private cars along the route..

Looks like 77 were owned by a car Dealership and the rest (51?) were private cars along the route..

I know that place, got some nice cars in the yard sometimes.

30 years is a long time, that would be such an annoyance but it's good that he's doing it & paying that back will be a constant reminder to cop the ƒuck on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Ah Pittens, I'm still waiting on a response to all of the nonsense you posted about Religion earlier

i get daily email alerts which stops me replying to threads as they happen, anyway i won that argument, in my own little mind.
    That explains why you accused me of being a liberal in a derrogatory manner. I suppose Milton Friedman & his Chicago Boys absolute destruction of Chile would be more to your liking

I used the term "liberal" too loosely in that thread. However am not a libertarian, nor a Friedmanite at all - centre right I said. I am, after all, defending the non-jailing of an anti-capitalist anarchist in this thread.

Excusing justice at the expense of money, that does sound like a right-wing ideological stetement alright...

Plenty of left-wingers make that case for non-violent offences.

You are right about my over-use of the word "****". I will stop that right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm sure it seems that way to somebody who knows absolutely nothing about either Satanism or Anarchism as a political ideology.
    All political ideology is deeply flawed when it's put forward as an ultimate way of doing things. I wouldn't ever constrict myself to one or two ideologys I think it's absurd to do so. It's what annoys me about politics in general "we have this book, so far 60% of it's been either inefficient or just counter-productive but we're sticking with it anyway".

Satanists I just don't get, it's rewriting the rules to suit your fashion sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

I'm not sure but do Insurance companys cover tyres? If somebody slashed my tyres I'd be out of business cos I couldn't afford the replacement cost. I think the moron who committed this crime should meet some of his victims, not in a violent manner, just so he can see how much damage he has done to ordinary people.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

omahaid wrote: »
    Who pays for the tyre damage? Don't tell me its the car owners who get stuck for the bill
    should also have to pay for taxi's , loss of earning and other losses arising from his selfish action

The big capitalist tyre companies win.

if you hate cars, get a bike and cycle slowly blocking traffic :rolleyes:

if you take drugs voluntarily then you should accept the consequences of taking them. IMHO a drunk driver that kills someone should be up on a manslaughter charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is a bit of a let down. After reading it, I feel slightly deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

The cannabis mention annoys me. He didn't do this because he was drunk or stoned, he did it because he's an angry immature know-nothing who thinks it's somehow cool to victimise people who have committed the crime of buying a car.

When I'm drunk and stoned all I want to do is dance and frolic or get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

When I'm drunk and stoned all I want to do is dance and frolic or get sick.[/QUOTE]

agree with all bar the dance bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nirvanahead01

they got a few details wrong, im not 23 im 24, my father died 6years ago, and im not in a course for camera repair im doing a course in media on how to make films and edit movies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,975 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Sounds like a cop-out by an observant solicitor/barrister nothing more.

Solicitor looking at list of damaged cars *2007.....2005.....2008.... ha ha nothing older than '03.....hmmmm I know what we can say!* :rolleyes:

C*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

rovert wrote: »

Love this story :pac:

SENTENCED TO COLLEGE

College? He should feel right at home! Colleges tend to be full of nothing but crusty, anti-capitalist protestors ....until they graduate and get a job in daddy's brokerage firm of course...
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

conorhal wrote: »
    College.... which is full of nothing but crusty anti-capitalist protestors, until they graduate and get a job in daddy's brokerage firm of course...

^Never been to college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

they got a few details wrong, im not 23 im 24, my father died 6years ago, and im not in a course for camera repair im doing a course in media on how to make films and edit movies

Just in case your wondering my tyres are pure 100% communist tyres.

conorhal wrote: »
    College? He should feel right at home! Colleges tend to be full of nothing but crusty, anti-capitalist protestors ....until they graduate and get a job in daddy's brokerage firm of course...

Did... did...

Advertisement