Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of construction questions..

• 08-06-2010 7:57pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭

Firstly what are you predicting to come up?
    Stairs is lightly for the drawing i think,
    the uasual u-values,
    health and safty since it didnt come up in 09
    probably somthing on improving BER. insutation, efficiency stuff ect.

concerning drawings, where did you get your drawings to start with which book or site? are you supposed to draw construction lines? how many marks are taken away if you dont draw to scale?

any other question anyone can have...i might think of a few later..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

U values for definite anyway. You can find out about the breakdown of marks on examinations.ie if you download the marking scheme. I don't have a clue about any of the drawings! but hopefully i'll know them all before the exam :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

all i know is that if you write "Scale 1:5" & do nothing else on your scaled drawing, you get 5marks..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

our teacher did even teach us uvalues but i heard they are piss easy
    i havent event started to study for tht
    i have about a week off between bio and con so ill do it then
    our class is ****ed hard when it comes to the exam lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pawz17

Stairs/door detail/suspended timber floor/hearth and fireplace detail are all we were told to revise!! Site safety or wheelchair access should be up! U values come up every year and once you know the formulas they're really easy! Electricity, water and heat and sound insulation are always good to know too! That's the grand total of what I'm revising! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

Pawz17 wrote: »
    Stairs/door detail/suspended timber floor/hearth and fireplace detail are all we were told to revise!!

Fire place came up in 08 and suspended floor came up in 09. good chance they wont come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gaffocarl

Our teacher has given us very little, and definitely nothing on safety or anything!
    Is there any way to get notes on safety of someone by email or something?! Please!! :-)

Advertisement