Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't book certain stations with Irish Rail?

• 08-06-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why you can't reserve seats at certain stops? I can book a ticket for Connolly to Boyle, but not Boyle to Connolly. It's on the Sligo line, and I can book a ticket from the stops either side of Boyle, Carrick on Shannon and Ballymote. What's wrong with Boyle?

I suppose the solution is to just book a ticket from the previous stop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What's wrong with Boyle?
    I can't believe someone asked that question!

Back on topic I'd say it's a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Does Boyle have a ticket machine to collect your tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

I have no idea if it has. I suppose that could be the problem. You can choose which station to collect your tickets from though, so I can collect it before I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

You can collect tickets now from any station that has a ticket machine so many Boyle does not have one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Certain stations, primarily on the Sligo, Rosslare and Belfast line can't have bookings.

Sligo - several stations aren't set up with the equipment yet.

Rosslare - only certain trains have bookings as most services are commuter

Belfast - Bookings would need to be put up manually, due to the different train fleet (due for mid-life overhaul in the next few years).

Things have improved recently, especially with a software upgrade about 10 days ago, that allowed more options.

However, to get the best of these services, the overall fare matrix needs to be revised. It is clunky to the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why you can't reserve seats at certain stops? I can book a ticket for Connolly to Boyle, but not Boyle to Connolly. It's on the Sligo line, and I can book a ticket from the stops either side of Boyle, Carrick on Shannon and Ballymote. What's wrong with Boyle?

I suppose the solution is to just book a ticket from the previous stop?

You sure you can book from Carrick on shannon? you couldn't last time I tried.

Prob with booking from the station before is you won't be able to collect your ticket.

Also, if you're thinking of buying your ticket at the station, you can't use a credit card (or you couldn't in Carrick at Christmas). They will, bizarrely, accept cheques.

Advertisement