Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding Lessons. Where???

Options
  • 08-06-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Decided to tale up horse riding but would like if some of ye in the know would recommend best place near Waterford city for adult lessons! Am a bit impatient so would be willing to take private lessons if the price is right, or are they worth it???? All replies welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Kilotteran Equitation Centre, I hear good things about it for children anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kizzie

Pallas Equestrian Centre, near Woodstown is the best for adults and children in my opinion - the horses there arent like robots. Private lessons initially would be a good idea just to get used to riding, but after that you could join a class - everyone is very friendly out there.

Best of luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rubyp

Thanks for suggestions had been looking at these two, only saw other thread now where someone recommended Bishops Hall- havent heard of it- and Stonehaven, Bishops hall seems to get the thumbs up on price. Any one have any views on it????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you want somewhere with an indoor arena or do you mind? Make sure wherever you go is approved by AIRE.

To be honest dont really know what I need only that I would like to horse ride, so dont know how important an indoor arena is? Will check out AIRE tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Beanies girl

I know a few adults who took up horseriding as complete beginners and went toi stonehaven. they love it and have an absolute ball, they have made loads of friends and they have social occassions and everything out there for them. maybe thats the same everywhere but this is the only one i know of. There is also laketour stables in tramore

Thanks for all your help. Went to Stonehaven in the end and lovin it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

rubyp wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help. Went to Stonehaven in the end and lovin it!!!!

I go there all the time too. :)

Great bunch of people there and they cater for all levels. I've made great friends there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Purpleluna

I checked out the above horseriding centres, and they all look good, but I live in Dungarvan. Is there any good horse riding centres in or near Dungarvan?

I used to ride (about 15 years ago), so would probably want a refresher, but then will be fine. Want to trek around the countryside, as opposed to doing jumping or dressage.

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks. x

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

in a "horse riding learning centre " .:D

Advertisement