Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

results on thursday! who's excited?

• 08-06-2010 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Well the results will be released on thursday.

Hopefully everyone will get what they hope for, but sadly, its not always the case.

What do you expect to get? being realistic of course ! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Excited wouldnt be exactly be the word id use :P Just hoping that i pass everything and avoid having to do repeats. Should manage that anyway but could be a close call on some subjects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I wants them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Just want to know have i passed one was dodgy. Only need to pass 1st and 2nd year really hate the thought of having to repeat so please god i pass. I keep checking to see if they are available early like last time doesnt look like they will be. Good luck everyone and happy celebrating tomorrow night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Im pretty sure Ive passed my 5 exams but I handed up my project report a day late and never signed for it so dont know what the story is with that. I cant carry it on to 3rd year as far as I know so just hoping its been accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Think I've passed. Wasn't too worried leaving any of the tests anyway.

• Advertisement

Why wait til 3pm though? Could they not just have them out in the morning like every other time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Think I failed 2,hopefully though its just the one.

They are currently putting results up it seems,as I cannot even view last years results or those done so far from this year.

Yeah same, I tried to check it earlier but it wont let me view anything

It's been like that for weeks.

Bloody hate waiting put us out of our misery. Thank god I'm not a 3rd or 4th year cause nerves would be getting to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Id say i passed them all but unsure bout one. Whats the story with this 3pm thing, its retarded. Why wait till that time of day 2 release the results , i can imagine its gonna be hard 2 actually log on at that time with 3000 students wanting 2 know how they got on. Hope it doesnt crash with that volume at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

They are definitely doing something with the page since last night, was able to go in and click on final grades last night but that link is gone now.
    Id say the reason they are saying 3pm today is that the course boards were been held earlier this week so its probably the earliest time they could get them online. Sure if they said they would be online for first thing in the morning then they have to have them ready the evening before.
    Sure its only a few hours to wait now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Results are up,go on to the page,but don't select the final grade thingy, instead type final grades into the search bar and click final grades that come up from that search!!!!!!

Failed 2,not the ones I thought I'd fail but sure feck it!

Goodluck people! :D

Passed all mine thank god :) Can relax for the summer now with no repeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Mine aren't there yet. Bit worrying :)

I don't get a final grades link with that search?

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    I don't get a final grades link with that search?

If you go to the Examinations page, then "click here" to view exam results and log in, there is a search bar on that page.

That's the one I used anyway. Could be wrong though

Yeah thats it but only option is for last year:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Cant get mine either. pissed off now espically seeing as 2 classmates have gotten theirs

Exams page seems to be down now, must be busy

• Advertisement

What an absolute disgrace!

Cant see why they bothered to take down the results when they where up a few hours ago, would have stopped the site crashing now with all the traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    What an absolute disgrace!

I second that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

So the results are down? Feck sake, got out of bed for nothing :mad:

woohoo passed all B's got results at 12.30 cant get them now again so just hope they are correct.

Still nothing. I get through to the page where you select what year a few times but when I submit, it says 'page not enabled for current user role'.:mad:

Got mine there now. Passed everything and got my first class honours!!!

Well done on getting your first class hons trish. Can i ask what gpa is a first i still dont understand this at all. At the top of mines it says gpa 3.25 what is this?

Passed everything! Thank god for that, really didnt think my report would be accepted.

I forgot all about the results until an hour ago strangely enough, couldnt stop thinking about it last night but at least it meant I wasnt worrying all day

GPA is your average mark, or at least it is for me. It should be a lot higher than 3.25 so Im not sure what it is on yours

• Advertisement

GPA is your grade point average. In the engineering dept they just give the average percentage out of 100, but in the Nursing dept which you are in Loca1 I think the total is out of 4.0 which is the proper way to express gpa so 3.25 is really good. You should really ask someone in your department to explain it because each different college can use different scales so LYIT could be using 4.2 as they do in UCD. Either way 3.25 is very good so dont be worrying

Advertisement