Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Photothread XXI Do not quote pictures 800 pixels longest side See OP for updat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

p521285627-4.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

CDFC5BBDB0FA45D58BDEC5656C1D4D0B-500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Dimy

4721481383_d9976cc94a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

0C69CAB1EE5B4F5EA2FC00C69932FA11-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,270 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    Click to Enlarge. Deepwater Horizon.

Hey well done on getting your photo published in Boston.com. Are any of the other pics on their recent stream yours too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

humberklog wrote: »
    Hey well done on getting your photo published in Boston.com. Are any of the other pics on their recent stream yours too?

funny... I just stumbled through that last night. Some really great images in there.

@Overheal:
    Is that shot of the oil depot (is that what it's called?) from above yours as well (same name)? Seeing the depot and the sea with the multicoloured oil spill (that you normally only see in puddles) Brilliant. Great to see some perspective and those waves of oil are eery looking. Been following this avidly, I used to live in New Orleans Id love to see some more shots if you have 'em. I've typed too much for this thread. Ill shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

4722103245_ed1957790d_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

101001 wrote: »
    funny... I just stumbled through that last night. Some really great images in there.

@Overheal:
    Is that shot of the oil depot (is that what it's called?) from above yours as well (same name)? Seeing the depot and the sea with the multicoloured oil spill (that you normally only see in puddles) Brilliant. Great to see some perspective and those waves of oil are eery looking. Been following this avidly, I used to live in New Orleans Id love to see some more shots if you have 'em. I've typed too much for this thread. Ill shut up now.

Unless Overheal is a photojournalist working for the AP named Dave Martin, the photograph isn't his.

The photograph has been knocking 'round for a while now, but its most recent notable use was in The Big Picture.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    No it's sourced from Gawker Media. Post edited to clarify. Settle down :)

No it's sourced from Gawker Media. Post edited to clarify. Settle down :)

oh:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

7ED804B0B64E44AF89A62150DCDE5BD5-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What's the point in posting other peoples photos? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't think Overheal realised how this thread works so I don't think there's any need to get too annoyed with the wee pup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

This thread is for random pictures of random things in random places by random people - so basically this is the place for random photographs.
    No expectation of quality or content. It's for everyone. This thread exists because it is good to share...

From the first post.

• Advertisement

Promac wrote: »
    From the first post.

Fairly sure they mean by that, anyone can post here - posting other peoples photos is just pointless. If that's the case, Give me 10 minutes, I'll post up some shots that aren't my own.

4721524259_cebda7815f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Fairly sure they mean by that, anyone can post here - posting other peoples photos is just pointless. If that's the case, Give me 10 minutes, I'll post up some shots that aren't my own.

/shrug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

009.jpg?t=1277231351

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

@bots

4722578290_d3eae042d5.jpg

Ektar 100 | Helios 44-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

14EA9CEF168545099856B35AF575DFEA-800.jpg

Click through for some background info if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I have got to say having flicked through a number of Dave Martin's photos he has some eye.

Image 37 here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

4724633689_75a6c34a3a.jpg

NORTH1 wrote: »
    I have got to say having flicked through a number of Dave Martin's photos he has some eye.

Image 37 here
    Thats some sunset.

But goodness sake; I did not mean to upset the locals, set in their ways.

Every once in a while I see a nice photo I wanna post. k?

Thats some sunset.

But goodness sake; I did not mean to upset the locals, set in their ways.

Probably more suited to this thread though Overheal. Which is where I 1st saw the pic. Jayzuz and there I was thinking you were a pro photographer!:p. I'm gutted. First Pint/Gilesk and now this...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055682373

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Posted the URL from FLickr, it's not coming up?

4721440351_35bc9e74eb.jpg

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Posted the URL from FLickr, it's not coming up?

On the Flickr picture site, click on "All Sizes", select the "Medium" size (which is below the max allowed 800px limited for this thread) then copy the url that's under "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

In the Reply to Thread box click on the "Insert Image" icon and paste the URL. Also don't forget to go to "Back to the Flickr photo page" in Flickr, copy the URL from your browser and "Insert Link" in the reply to thread box.

Hope this makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I did not mean to upset the locals, set in their ways.

A hugely condescending remark.

• Advertisement

Dimy wrote: »
    On the Flickr picture site, click on "All Sizes", select the "Medium" size (which is below the max allowed 800px limited for this thread) then copy the url that's under "2. Grab the photo's URL:"

In the Reply to Thread box click on the "Insert Image" icon and paste the URL. Also don't forget to go to "Back to the Flickr photo page" in Flickr, copy the URL from your browser and "Insert Link" in the reply to thread box.

Hope this makes sense

4725502366_3a6f051d01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

Was bored at the weekend and popped down to Kinsale....pretty disappointed with what I ended up with but thats life....

4725584194_9719eacb22.jpg

4725583780_8c94a0b989.jpg

Not really your photo to post, though, k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

E09E0AF78AF94DC18CCC14A6822CB6B2-800.jpg

ThirdMan wrote: »

Nice shot :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

4718692158_6e789b9183.jpg

keps wrote: »
    Nice shot :):)

Cool, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Calina wrote: »
    This thread is for random pictures of random things in random places by random people - so basically this is the place for random photographs.
    Promac wrote: »
    From the first post.

Then maybe it's time the wording was changed to "This thread is for YOUR random pictures of random things in random places ..."

Not the first time this misunderstanding has arisen, tbh, and it always seems to spark off more heat than it merits.

• Advertisement

Surely there have to be copyright issues if you display another person's photo?

Not really your photo to post, though, k?
    I can see you want to address this matter calmly.

I did not pass it off as my own photography. No, I did not credit the source originally. That has been fixed. The charter should reflect that as a requirement; yes I should have done it anyway. Im not commonly in the art community and I don't normally think along the lines most people would about seeing their work duplicated.

If you assumed it was my photography, that was your assumption. Nothing in the Charter makes the assumption that whatever imagery I post in here is owned by me. In my opinion, I should still be free to post random photos in a thread labeled as such.

This doesnt seem to be a problem in other fora. I'll just f*ck off there where the photo-clique won't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Stop arguing or this fella is going to visit you in yer beds tonight..... yis have been warned!:)

A1E969C74929464A9D842A6652774F3E-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

We can't think of everything,.

Typically I expect that when people are posting photographs on the forum, they are posting their own work. It has been the practice in the past that if you are posting other people's work in a particular thread (not usually Random), you don't post the images inline; you post a link to wherever the image was to be found.

I realise that the wording in the OP is ambiguous if you are being really strict about it but would note that typically, there are copyright issues regarding posting other people's work without permission and mostly, as I say, it has been taken for granted that people post their own work.

I would be grateful if, in the future, you could note that typically, for most posts, by default, we expect photographers to post their own images and not that of others, even in the random threads.

If anyone has any comments, they can PM me. I will update the OP accordingly,.

Regards,

Calina.

I can see you want to address this matter calmly.

I did not pass it off as my own photography. No, I did not credit the source originally. That has been fixed. The charter should reflect that as a requirement; yes I should have done it anyway. Im not commonly in the art community and I don't normally think along the lines most people would about seeing their work duplicated.

If you assumed it was my photography, that was your assumption. Nothing in the Charter makes the assumption that whatever imagery I post in here is owned by me. In my opinion, I should still be free to post random photos in a thread labeled as such.

Apart from the copyright issues with posting images that aren't your own, so it's a pretty good assumption that the photography posted here is your own. It's been through 20 previous threads? and incase you didn't notice, everyone posts their OWN photos.

If you want to post random images from google or whatever, it's not really what the forum is about... try AH maybe...

Also, if you didn't like the way I replied to you, I only replied in the same way you did so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

4725756520_cb8e5a81c7_o.jpg

• Advertisement

4725170861_29b55acace.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,355 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

chisel wrote: »
    Stop arguing or this fella is going to visit you in yer beds tonight..... yis have been warned!:)

http://photos3.pix.ie/A1/E9/A1E969C74929464A9D842A6652774F3E-800.jpg

Right back on topic, nice photo, did you take it?:) And please tell me that's not an Irish Resident Spider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Also.

Any further off topic posting will result in a ban.

I've lived a life that's full
    I've travelled the intergalactic highway
    But more
    Much more than this.....

2uz2hyt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

D645402A33184EB6B020AF495C70FD94.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement