Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and Performance Science

Options
  • 08-06-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking of enrolling on the Health and Performance Science course in the upcoming year. I'm finding it hard to get information on the path that can be taken after the course. I'm interested in doing Physiotherapy after but I don't think that is possible.

Can anyone who has done the course give me a general overview of the positives and negatives as they see them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Apparently they are starting a Masters entry for Physiotherapy in the future, so it may be up and running by the time you finish.

One of my flatmate's friends does Health and Performance Science. There is a LOT of science - chemistry, physics, anatomy etc. Most of the sport stuff happens from Stage 2 onwards and the first year is all the basic info that you need to know first.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

taz70 wrote: »
    Apparently they are starting a Masters entry for Physiotherapy in the future, so it may be up and running by the time you finish.

One of my flatmate's friends does Health and Performance Science. There is a LOT of science - chemistry, physics, anatomy etc. Most of the sport stuff happens from Stage 2 onwards and the first year is all the basic info that you need to know first.

Thanks for the info. I'm finding it hard to get some kind of first hand knowledge on the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

It's a fairly new course as it's only in its 3rd year. I've just finished 1st year H&P so you can message me if you've any qs! I want to progress into physiotherapy as a post grad but I'm not even 100% sure myself what all the options are.

I love the course anyway, I'd definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Bump.

Hey i'm thinking 'bout doing this course aswell. Just wondering is it possible to go into Physio in England after one year? Have many people done this?

Thanks!

Advertisement