Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to park for Paul Mc C in the RDS?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hey there, hoping someone can help. We are traveling up and down from Mayo for the Paul Mc C concert in the RDS. Can anyone tell me where the best place to park is? I read in a previous thread that buses go from outside Trinity to the RDS, would the best thing to do be park somewhere near Trinity and if so where bearing in mind that we will be leaving late at night? Many thanks in advance - totally clueless with Dublin..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

detoxkid wrote: »
    Hey there, hoping someone can help. We are traveling up and down from Mayo for the Paul Mc C concert in the RDS. Can anyone tell me where the best place to park is? I read in a previous thread that buses go from outside Trinity to the RDS, would the best thing to do be park somewhere near Trinity and if so where bearing in mind that we will be leaving late at night? Many thanks in advance - totally clueless with Dublin..

There is usually parking in Simmonscourt but it takes ages to get out after the gig. Traffic will be stopped for a while also after the gig.

The walk into the city center is about 25/30 mins and there will be plenty of people going that way.

You could try on street parking around the Baggott St area, not sure what time that finishes up but in most parts of Dublin its 7 so shouldn't cost too much and it on the city side of the gig so shouldn't be effected by the traffic afterwards. The car park on Fleet Street in Temple Bar is open late so that would be one place to park in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I would recommend two car parks as they both do special evening rates:

Parnell Centre (about €6 or so)

Drury St. (I can't remember but it's not much - about €4.50 or so)

You can get the number 7 or 8 bus on O'Connell St. and it stops near Trinity College. I wouldn't imagine there is great parking around the RDS.

I wasn't going to bother driving, might have a little drink or two!

Enjoy the concert everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Sports clubs in the area make a lot of their annual income from renting out their parking facilities whenever there are large events in the RDS.

Merrion Cricket Club, Pembroke Wanderers Hockey Club, Old Belvedere Rugby Club and Wanderers Rugby Club all do this and it may be worth contacting them if you want to be able to park near the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice!

• Advertisement

Hope you enjoyed the concert, wasn't he brilliant? I ended up getting taxis out and back, though it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Thanks again for all your help on the parking- ended up parking in parnell st. and getting a bus in from Trinity and walking back as per yr advice. Jesus that was such a fabulous concert wasn't it? Worth every penny- I'd go back again to see him again today if I could. Totally magical....

Amazing! Maybe I'm Amazed.............

Advertisement