Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there only 2 female poets in our English Course?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭

Boland and Rich or is there another one who could come up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

nope that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Does a female poet come up every single year? So could a person theoretically only learn the female poets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

tigerblob wrote: »
    Does a female poet come up every single year? So could a person theoretically only learn the female poets?

There's been a female poet every year but there's nothing in the actual curriculum that says that there HAS to be a female poet.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

They could try and screw us over this year and catch a few people out.3 women are on next year so it looks like they're cracking down on people taking the lazy option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Two days before English paper two and you only realize two women poets are on the course :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

One thing to be wary of is that they've started making questions very specific, instead of just a general ''personal response'' question... so whilst they'll most likely put a female poet on, it could be a bit of a nasty question that limits you to talking about particular poems you may not have prepared etc. That said poetry is ONLY worth fifty marks, if you do anything tomorrow night look over the comparative essay and some quotes for King Lear. Best of luck to everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

NotExactly wrote: »
    Two days before English paper two and you only realize two women poets are on the course :rolleyes:

Now, none of that! We're supposed to be helping each other stay calm. It's not the worst question in the world, OP knows now anyway which is why they came on and asked, and even if they didn't it wouldn't have affected their paper and made them suddenly fail or anything! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Perhaps the OP decided to treat the poets on their merits, taking no account of their gender?

Very PC of him, really ... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nah I'm just lazy ;) Night all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

gant0 wrote: »
    They could try and screw us over this year and catch a few people out.3 women are on next year so it looks like they're cracking down on people taking the lazy option.

yes they we have to study emily dickinson as well as the other two
    i don't mind boland or rich i like some of their poems but i really wish whoever found dickinson's poems hadn't so hard to write a personal response to such a messed up person other than "WTF"

anyway good luck all you LCs it'll be me next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lisan

We don't have to do Dickinson

Advertisement