Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the odds of Yeats coming up on this year's paper?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi, guys!

So, I've studied three different poets (Yeats, Kavanagh and Longley), but it would REALLY make my English exam if Yeats were to come up this year, as he's my best poet.

What do you reckon are the odds of him appearing on the paper? :p Bearing in mind that it was his 80th anniversary last year and he appeared on neither the original nor the replacement paper.

(Oh, and good luck to everyone!)

Comments

I'd say the odds are good but you none of us have a crystal ball. You'll find out soon enough so just get your head down and revise what you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Boland,Kav,Yeats and Longley are what bookies are backing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

gant0 wrote: »
    Boland,Kav,Yeats and Longley are what bookies are backing

And hence what Im backing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

same except I don't like yeats so i just briefly did rich just to be sure to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I've just done kavanagh (being a monaghan man myself =]) Boland, and Longley !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

On the 2FM podcasts that Institute teacher said the one poet he would bank on is Yeats. He's the only one I've really prepared aswell... but sure if worst comes to worst we can pull some kind of answer out on a poet, and it's fifty marks - not worth getting your knickers in a knot over. The comparative is the key to Paper II!

Advertisement