Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds coming to Balbriggan?

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I have heard rumour of two possible sites. Beside PJ's and in the new Tesco shopping centre.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

While it doesn't specifically say McDonalds.............

Planning Application Details F09A/0667
    Date of Application: 23-Dec-2009
    Date of Registration: 18-Mar-2010
    Application Type: Permission
    Case Officer: Phillippa Joyce
    Applicant: Parkway Partnership

Proposal: Permission for development at this site of approximately 0.2273ha within lands bounded generally by the Naul Road to the north, Clonard Hill to the south, lands also zoned Major Town Centre uses to the east and land zoned for future residential development to the west. The proposed development represents the start of phase two of an overall development masterplan for the lands, Phase 1 being currently under construction, (Fingal County Council Register Reference F07A/1250 and An Bord Pleanala Reference PL06F.228296). The proposed development consists of the construction of a single storey drive through restaurant with a gross floor area of 328 sq.m. with a facility for the consumption of food off the premises, associated signage and site development and landscaping works. There are 23 no. carparking spaces, 2 no. disabled carparking spaces and 2 no. 'grill order' waiting spaces. site signage and signage mounted on the building are proposed, with a height restrictor bar at the entrance to the drive through lane. Plant and machinery will be located on the roof, generally concealed behind parapets and roof canopies. The entrance to the development will be off the internal avenue of the Phase 1 development. An area in the carpark will be allocated and managed by the restaurant for deliveries when required. 6 no. sheltered bicycle parking spaces are also provided.

Fingal Co Co Decision: GRANT PERMISSION
    Date of FCC Decision: 13-Apr-2010
    Final Grant Date: 19-May-2010
    Current Status: Decision Made by Fingal County Council
    This application was received by Fingal County Council on 23-Dec-2009 and registered on 18-Mar-2010. On 13-Apr-2010, the decision GRANT PERMISSION was made by Fingal County Council

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Oh I would like that - I've a bad habit of Macca's cravings every few months :o

Though - in fairness- does Balbriggan really need another junkfood place???? The place is swamped in Chipshops and Take outs, there's hardly any "proper" food places left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

From the documents attached to the Approved Planning application, this is very definitely a McDonalds.

It looks like it'll be out the back of the new Tesco site (away from the Naul Road and the new St. Georges primary school building).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hmmmmm I had heard that they were to be located beside the AppleGreen station at the Walshestown Exit. Along with unlucky fried kitten & some other take out type operator.

Eoineo wrote: »
    Hmmmmm I had heard that they were to be located beside the AppleGreen station at the Walshestown Exit. Along with unlucky fried kitten & some other take out type operator.

Nop, that's a Burger King going in both of them - on each side + a Costa Coffee and a few other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Definitely Burger Kings going in to both Applegreen motorway service stations. One opens Sept 10, one opens September 11th. Northbound opens first.

I meant the "old" Applegreen beside the industrial estate off the motorway.... ;)

Eoineo wrote: »
    I meant the "old" Applegreen beside the industrial estate off the motorway.... ;)

:p
    Haven't heard that no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

on newspaper last week that a McDonalds drive-thru will be built at the new Tesco shopping centre being built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Barry Bonds

450 Jobs Set to be Created in Balbrigganmillfield.jpg450 jobs will be created at the new Millfield Shopping Centre when it opens its doors in spring 2011 in Balbriggan. The center which has been redesigned as a 'convenience-led' development is set to transform shopping in the north Fingal capital, while forging strong links with surrounding towns and villages
    More than 16 tenants have been signed up which will also house a McDonalds drivethrough retaurant. The €80m development will be anchored by the largest Tesco store in Dublin

http://www.balbriggancommunity.info/news.shtml#450jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Is this beside the Graveyard up on the way out to the Naul?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I remember when the graveyard was outside the town. Now the Blessing of the Graves will look like Tesco sponsors it.

On the plus side visitors may park in the multi-storey rather than on the side of the road. Which at the moment a safety issue and traffic hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

More info.
    McDonald's for Balbriggan

MCDONALD’S is to open a fast food drive-through outlet at the Millfield shopping centre which is due to open before Easter in Balbriggan, Co Dublin. The food giant has completed contracts to pay a staggered rent rising to €160,000 per annum for the 300sq m (3,229sq ft) restaurant. Stephen Murray of Jones Lang LaSalle, who are joint letting agents with Savills, handled the letting. The shopping centre being developed by Parkway Properties will be anchored by Tesco, which will trade out of a store of 10,000sq m (107,639sq ft) – its largest in the Dublin area. Tesco also operates a large store on the outskirts of Drogheda.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2011/0112/1224287319332.html

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

160K per annum, Holy fook!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

FYI:- The Millfield Centre (New Balbriggan SC) is Opening April 11th... There is a billboard on the Old N1 at Lusk advertising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen some sort of target opening date for this?

Site as of 10/05

Steel work only begun in the last week or so and should progress fairly quickly.

t0jgxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

According to the signs around it it looks like its going to be a 24 hour 7 day a week jobbie

• Advertisement

Getting there...

b6vmrp.jpg

wje24j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Its due to open in October.

12/08

2i9ie5h.jpg

nvb6mq.jpg

jg5rit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

According to the signs around it it looks like its going to be a 24 hour 7 day a week jobbie

Spotted that myself, won't be good for the residents nearby at 4am on Sunday morning

dubmick wrote: »
    Spotted that myself, won't be good for the residents nearby at 4am on Sunday morning
    Probably will just be 24 hours for drive through? The main building will be closed. A few of these operated to that model.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

dubmick wrote: »

I think it's far enough away from the nightclub to rule it out though. Especially if deli burger still opens till home closes. Haven't been there in a couple of years so don't know.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I think it's far enough away from the nightclub to rule it out though. Especially if deli burger still opens till home closes. Haven't been there in a couple of years so don't know.
    Deli Burger closes at around midnight now, has done so for the last couple of years.

The night club and pubs in Balbriggan are empty these days except for the odd occasion, so it won't be an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good to see that the disabled parking spaces are clearly marked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Good to see that the disabled parking spaces are clearly marked.

It is the law but the problem is that some people have questionable understanding if they are disabled or not. Lazy isn't a disability.

Is another FastFood premises good or bad for Balbriggan/North Co Dub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Bluetonic wrote: »
    12/08

2i9ie5h.jpg

nvb6mq.jpg

jg5rit.jpg
    You will get a complimentary big Mac for your work here, well deserved
    Corsendonk wrote: »
    It is the law but the problem is that some people have questionable understanding if they are disabled or not. Lazy isn't a disability.

Is another FastFood premises good or bad for Balbriggan/North Co Dub?

I would be more critical of the quality of what is served to us but I do Think we have way to many of them and the result of this opening (or any other) will be more Rubbish on the roads each Monday for Roadsweep. Interestingly Rush has just had one fast food place close down.
    Mind you I do like a Smoked Cod an odd time;).

Advertisement