Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds coming to Balbriggan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Posters up around the town saying this will open on September 26th

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

sgarvan wrote: »
    Posters up around the town saying this will open on September 26th

Did it open?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It did indeed. Jam-packed yesterday evening by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

OMG ,Took my daughter up there at about 6.30, the Q was out the door and I was told it was going to be a 40 min wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

cathy01 wrote: »
    OMG ,Took my daughter up there at about 6.30, the Q was out the door and I was told it was going to be a 40 min wait.

I was wondering what all the traffic was yesterday evening. It was crazy trying to get down the Naul Road at that time, than usual I mean.

Not good for the waistlines of the town but the 24Hour drive through may yet come in handy for middle of the night cravings on my part. Not too sure my other half will be as delighted as I!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It's just a McDonalds... that's madness! I'm sure I might pop in at some point in time but I certainly wouldn't be wait 40 minutes to get some grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It's just a McDonalds... that's madness! I'm sure I might pop in at some point in time but I certainly wouldn't be wait 40 minutes to get some grub.
    I remember getting off the ferry at Rosslare a few years back and just up the road from the ferry terminal was a McD's. Got there only to find a massive q for both drive thru and eat in. Turns out they had only open their doors that morning and the manager who came up to us as we sat in the car told us it had been like that since they opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Soccer Mom

I pop into Tesco every day, and passed by the Mc Donalds yesterday twice, and then again today. The place was completely packed. Most worryingly the amount of students from the local schools was something else. The shopping centre itself and McDonalds has become the hotspot hangouts for the local teenagers. Outside McDonalds there was about twenty teenagers shouting and messing, pushing one another onto the road people use to get in and out of Millfield. As I drove past one boy pushed another practically in front of my car and had to swerve to avoid him.

While the shopping centre itself was badly needed, it's bringing a host of other problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

After one day of the place being open, surely it would be unfair to say that that it was going to be a 'hotspot' for anti-social behaviour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Soccer Mom

After one day of the place being open, surely it would be unfair to say that that it was going to be a 'hotspot' for anti-social behaviour?

Fair enough if you feel I'm premature in my prediction, but it's hardly getting off on the right foot now is it? It's undoubtedly an attraction for teenagers. While I'm not tarring them all with the one brush, I'd rather they stayed firmly on the path rather than under my car.

We shall see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Soccer Mom wrote: »
    Fair enough if you feel I'm premature in my prediction, but it's hardly getting off on the right foot now is it? It's undoubtedly an attraction for teenagers. While I'm not tarring them all with the one brush, I'd rather they stayed firmly on the path rather than under my car.

We shall see.

People had a knee-jerk reaction to the traffic when the centre opened and look at it now. It seems that some people love to highlight the negatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I was ottomh on the couch around 10 o'clock when it struck me that I could go get a big mac and be back in my house in about 6 minutes. I didn't go, I wasn't even hungry, but being able to was a wonderful feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Its 2.46 am and Im due my baby in 16 days time.I would kill for a big mac.
    Just thought I would share that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Its 2.46 am and Im due my baby in 16 days time.I would kill for a big mac.
    Just thought I would share that.:D
    :D 38 days here & considering a breakfast muffin. Yeuch but nommy at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Eoineo wrote: »
    :D 38 days here & considering a breakfast muffin. Yeuch but nommy at the same time.

Fwiw, breakfast starts at 05.30 (and is the nicest thing they do IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

I was in there at sat morning. About 2.00 a.m. I counted nine staff and I spent about 9 euro. No one else came in while I was there. Let's do the maths. 9 people at approx 8 €/hr = this won't stay open for 24 hours long.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Yeah I can't see the 24/7 lasting and is there really any need for it? The one in Drogheda is 24hrs only at the weekend and that seems to work.

Advertisement