Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use red pen in your exam

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I no it's only a small thing but can you use red pen in your headings and question numbers or will that clash with the colour the examiner is using to correct.Taking red as the standard colour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

NotExactly wrote: »
    I no it's only a small thing but can you use red pen in your headings and question numbers or will that clash with the colour the examiner is using to correct.Taking red as the standard colour.
    Yes, you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No. It's an immediate F.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I meant to say should you use red pen.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

You CAN but it's incredibly annoying for the examiners because they usually correct in red and green, and red becomes very difficult to read. I wouldn't want to start annoying whoever is correction my paper! Blue and black is the easiest... it's grand to use red for quotes and stuff like that, if that's what you like to do. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Examiners are advised to correct in pencil so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Examiners are advised to correct in pencil so..
    ...no black pen guys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is it ok to use red pen in accounting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

A Chief Examiner told me red pen, and then green pen is the script is being reviewed and corrected by another person.

If the person writes the paper in red pen then they correct in blue/black (sometimes it says this on the marking schemes), and that is generally quite annoying for them as red pen writing is hard on the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

NotExactly wrote: »

You can only use a specific type of red pen in a Leaving Cert exam otherwise the examiner will not correct the paper. It must have the shade of red known as 'Sangria' (Hex triplet: #92000A, RGB: (146, 0, 10), HSV: (356, 100%, 57%)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh, some people think they're fecking funny, don't they? :p

Please don't use red or green, these colours are used by the examiners (fauxshow has it right!).

Blue / black is fine ... all the colours of the rainbow will not an extra mark for you obtain!

But it might just piss off an exhausted examiner!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement