Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheeckiest thing ya ever siad to a teacher

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Not in school, but in college. Was a media class and we were talking about tv series, especially those made by HBO and how they were different to shows from other channels. One of those ways was how the series don't have a traditional 'big' moment to finish the last episode, and the teacher says 'That's how it is in The Sopranos anyways... Does anyone know if it's the same in others? For example, is there a climax in Sex and the City?'

My giggle was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThatNewGuy

A lad in school was reading Collins - The World's Best Pocket Dictionary or one of those... The teacher was already annoyed with him before this.

Teacher: Put that dictionary away now!

Student: *holds up the dictionary to show her* Miss, the world's best pocket dictionary and it doesn't even have the word 'masturbate' in it!!

He got 2 days internal suspension. We never laughed as much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The sub teacher wrote 'muntiply' on the board beside a whole load of numbers for us to multiply. I put up my hand and told her she had spelled it wrong, she freaked out, i laughed and said she should learn how to spell. She went stone mad, went for the head teacher, she was convinced she was right and i was wrong. The head teacher soon told her her error. She was bright red, never saw her again after that day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Has a teacher who was an aggressive twat and a bit handy with the oul slaps. This being back before corporal punishment was outlawed. Anyhoo, as a kid(I was about 10) you do just assume these people know more than you do, but one day he clearly didnt as was waffling. A couple of lads stuck their hands up and got lit on. He then picked on me for an answer. I gave him the right answer which showed him up. He told me I was wrong. I refused to budge, so I got a slap across the head for my trouble. I then said "Sir you're a bully and you're wrong". He dragged me up in front of the class and thumped me again and every time he did I just kept saying "you're still wrong, you're still wrong". I was seeing stars by the end tbh. Then I got sent home. I learned a few things that day. Numero uno, just because someone is in authority, it doesnt mean they are one. Two, most people will be too scared to help and three, how angry and aggressive my normally placid dad was when he confronted the guy in question. It was classic "oh so you like hitting children do you. Want to try an adult for size?".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

A guy I know is a substitute teacher. If the class he has is rowdy he roars at them and gives them work of his own to do. As soon as I heard this I realised how bad our education system is.

How the fuck does memorising facts for 6 years prepare us for adult life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got into a fight with a teacher once it would be easier telling you what I didn't call her, she was such a bitch though! She got me expelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My history of educational beligerence is long indeed.

But when I was 12, we just watched The Video, and I commented "She could've at least shaved."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

"STFU!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Swore at my french teacher loads of times. Poor woman just couldnt control a class.

Advertisement