Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech and Letter Layout??

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Kinda should know this considering my test in less than 12 hours :p , But can anybody show me the layout for a sppech and letter please? Nothing too consise just something I'll remember for tomorrow. Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

No layout for a speech, just say something like ''Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, my name is __________ and I'm here today to talk to you about'' and maybe say sometimes at the beginning of a paragraph ''Ladies and gentlemen'' or ''the other debaters will tell you'' throughout the essay, and finish with a ''thank you for listening to me, I hope you will consider the points I've put forward to you'' or something like that.

For the letter, your address, then the date, both on the right hand side. If it's a FORMAL letter (like a job application, letter to a hotel to complain etc) you put your address on the right hand side, skip a line, then on the LEFT hand side put the address of the person receiving it, then skip a line, put the date on the RIGHT, then on the left Sir/Madam, (NO ''Dear'') and sign Yours sincerely. Don't worry too much about it, here's what it looks like: http://www.agcasscotland.org.uk/esoftskills/MULTIMEDIAFILES/ec2_4.jpg

Best of luck tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Thanks a lot, thats exactly what I was looking for. :cool:

Advertisement