Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrambled eggs in a microwave

Options
  • 08-06-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

can I do this - if yes, how??? explain it to me like I can't cook - and I can't!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I wan't no part in this sacralige.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Beat eggs, add a bit of milk and butter, few sprinkles of pepper.

Make sure it's all in a microwavable bowl, press start and wait for 1 min.

Stir it up a bit, then start again for 1 min, do this till it's at the texture ya want, job done.

WARNING: IT'S A PAIN CLEANING THE BOWL AFTER AS THE EGG STICKS TO THE SIDES PRETTY BAD

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

put the mixed up eggs in microwave in a small bowl, (little milk and butter to your taste) set microwave to low heat. 30s, stir, 30s, stir etc.
    They will appear not to be cooking then all of a sudden cook really quickly, hence the low heat and short time, when they are looking close to being cooked but still a little wet take them out give them a really good stir and let them sit for a minute. They'll be perfect.

Its easier to do them on a hob in 2 minutes though and they'll turn out better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

You can, and they always seem to turn out lovely for me.

Just stick to your normal recipe but don't include too much milk. Dump it all into a microwave bowl. It will take about 2 mins in a decent microwave, but you really want to stir every 30 secs.

It's surprisingly nice and a lot less messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

And do add salt and pepper, scrambled eggs are awful without;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I find they stick less in tupperware containers :)
    Otherwise recipe/timings as above.
    Sometimes I pop other things in with the eggs too: smoked salmon/ham/tomatoes/onion.
    Make sure to break the egg yoke before microwaving too.
    They love exploding :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I prefer to heat a thick bowl up first with a little water in it, this way the bowl is preheated and it is doing some of the cooking for you, I also find it is also more evenly heated because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Honestly how hard is it to make scrambled eggs. Get yourself a good non-stick pan, they will be so much nicer and will cook very quickly. The thing I find is don't be afraid to make mistakes just learn and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    I find they stick less in tupperware containers :)
    Otherwise recipe/timings as above.
    Sometimes I pop other things in with the eggs too: smoked salmon/ham/tomatoes/onion.
    Make sure to break the egg yoke before microwaving too.
    They love exploding :eek:

thanks for that - just want to check, do you cook mushrooms before you throw them in, or are you safe enough to throw them in uncooked???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Cooked. Microwave scrambled eggs cook way faster than mushrooms would. Everything should be cooked before adding to an omelette/scrambled eggs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gears wrote: »
    Honestly how hard is it to make scrambled eggs. Get yourself a good non-stick pan,
    Many people might only have a microwave in work, I rarely cook in a microwave at home, just reheat stuff the odd time. In work I cook in it all the time.
    cjmcork wrote: »
    thanks for that - just want to check, do you cook mushrooms before you throw them in, or are you safe enough to throw them in uncooked???
    Mushrooms should always be cooked to digest them properly.

this is a mycologist talking about them
    The proteins in mushrooms can produce bad immune response reactions if they pass through the intestinal wall without being broken down properly
    Which is exactly what happens when you eat raw mushrooms. Humans don't have the digestive enzymes to digest raw mushrooms, so they definitely don't get broken down properly. With most people, this is the biggest cause of nausea, because the body senses something it can't digest, so it kicks in the defense mechanism of vomiting.

I posted that in another thread and one guy said
    corkcomp wrote: »
    my work canteen has a salad containing lots of raw mushrooms.. ive only ever got food poinsioning once in my entire life.. the only day I had some

Advertisement