Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Earthworm Jim HD

• 08-06-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭

http://www.el33tonline.com/past/2010/6/3/earthworm_jim_hd_dated_for/

This is coming out tomorrow for 800MSP. Can't wait! HD makeover, new levels and 4 player co-op! This was one of my favourite games from the 16bit generation so this is an insta buy from me! Here's hoping it's successful enough for a EWJ2 HD to be made.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't wait, had this on the SNES but I have lost the game itself. It's the only game I have ever lost.:( Tomorrow it will be mine again. I can still hear the music and sound effects..........ahhh bliss of classic platform gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I have made it a point to never buy points as it is just microshaft takin the pi$$ but for this, yeah an exception is gonna be made i wanna launch cows into outer space!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Can't wait, had this on the SNES but I have lost the game itself. It's the only game I have ever lost.:( Tomorrow it will be mine again. I can still hear the music and sound effects..........ahhh bliss of classic platform gaming.

Aye, I hope the new soundtrack is faithful to the original although certain folk are saying Jim's voice is a bit sh!t, but sure it could be worse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I iz excited :) Hope I have enough space on my HDD (damn 20GBs not being enough...). I fondly remember renting this out multiple times as a young lad. Mostly, I just remember the TV theme tune, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Aye, I hope the new soundtrack is faithful to the original although certain folk are saying Jim's voice is a bit sh!t, but sure it could be worse

I just watched the vid there, the voice is way off man for part of it the voice sounds like a parrot! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I iz excited :) Hope I have enough space on my HDD (damn 20GBs not being enough...).

8gb or 16gb usb memory for the win ;)

Now you have no excuses !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

That game had some great character names from the simple "Evil the Cat" to "Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt."

Alas I find myself 50points shy of 800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

GAAman wrote: »
    I just watched the vid there, the voice is way off man for part of it the voice sounds like a parrot! :(

The original voice actor was the guy who does Homer Simpson wasn't it? Or was that just for the cartoon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Gadge wrote: »
    The original voice actor was the guy who does Homer Simpson wasn't it? Or was that just for the cartoon...

Both. Dan Castellanata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

That game had some great character names from the simple "Evil the Cat" to "Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt."

Alas I find myself 50points shy of 800.

Professor Monkey for a head, Bob the (Killer?) Goldfish, got to love the characters that were in this :D I loved the cartoons way more than the game though... I still have my copy of Earthworm Jim 2 here though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Keyboard Cat!

They got the voice sooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong

Advertisement