Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo!

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm hearing great things about the pet expo this year! Bit cheaper as well so thats good. Think its going be back like it was in 2008, FUN!!! Everyone going? Cant wait to see what shows they have on this year thought mollys.ie best rescue was a great idea last year and the stories were so sad it was great to see how happy the dogs now looked with their new owners :)

What are all looking forward to most?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

When and where is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

RDS 2nd - 4th July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Looks like visitors dogs will be welcome this year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'd love to go but I'll have baby rabbits born about that time and will be too busy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

lrushe wrote: »
    Looks like visitors dogs will be welcome this year :)

I'll definitely go if I can bring my dog!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭wopper10

Ye you can bring dogs this year so I've heard just remember its a very busy place so if your dog is a bit anxious or doesn't like crowds I wouldn't advise bringing him or her.
    They have a big cat section this year as well, cant wait! Just saw on the Mollys facebook there doing another competition this year, might try enter it :).

Hope tails and trails is there again.....anybody know if they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

wopper10 wrote: »
    Ye you can bring dogs this year so I've heard just remember its a very busy place so if your dog is a bit anxious or doesn't like crowds I wouldn't advise bringing him or her.
    They have a big cat section this year as well, cant wait! Just saw on the Mollys facebook there doing another competition this year, might try enter it :).

Hope tails and trails is there again.....anybody know if they are?

Yep, we're holding a canicross race and doing demos - as its summer though, we need to make sure the dogs don't overheat, so doing something a little bit different;) And if you are bringing your own dog, we will have harnesses to try on if you want, and see if he/she is a natural born sled dog:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭wopper10

Will do I have Malamute!:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

WIll there be any fish stuff at it?

wopper10 wrote: »
    Will do I have Malamute!:)

Oh lovely, should definitely do well pulling something:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

EGAR is having a sponsored stall again at the Petexpo and we will bring a few dogs, so drop in :). We'll hold a raffle again for doggy and cat hampers as well!

And we have tattoos for the kids ;).

I am really looking forward to it :), see you all there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Zoundz

Would love to hold a stall for the Irish Rat Club, promoting rats as pets - however sadly last year it was far too expensive for us :(

Doubt we'll get to go along, hope everyone has fun!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nobbelynoo

oooh i might have to head along to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If we can afford to travel would love to go up esp. since they seem to be improving it this year. Might bring our youngest pooch along can't fit everyone into the car in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

hmmm

I wonder if our Lab would be able to handle 2 - 3 hours in the car there and back....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Zoundz wrote: »
    Would love to hold a stall for the Irish Rat Club, promoting rats as pets - however sadly last year it was far too expensive for us :(

Doubt we'll get to go along, hope everyone has fun!

xx

There is no way I could afford it for EGAR but luckily a kind person sponsored the stall for us last year and does so again this year :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

whats the deal with bringing dogs on the restricted breed list? once they comply with the regulations of the act yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

ISDW wrote: »
    Yep, we're holding a canicross race and doing demos - as its summer though, we need to make sure the dogs don't overheat, so doing something a little bit different;)

Any chance that's going to be something along the lines of 'splash dogs' or a 'piers dog' thingy?? If so my hound would be down for that.

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Any chance that's going to be something along the lines of 'splash dogs' or a 'piers dog' thingy?? If so my hound would be down for that.

No, unfortunately not. We did look into it, but it would cost about €20,000 to get the equipment over from the UK. We'd love to try dock jumping at some point during the summer though, just need to find the right place to do it. We have a few possibilities:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

TechnoPool wrote: »
    whats the deal with bringing dogs on the restricted breed list? once they comply with the regulations of the act yeah?

Yep, it says all dogs are welcome but must comply with the Dogs Act.

• Advertisement

Hey Zoundz, get them to keep in touch with you because if there are any stalls that they can't fill perhaps they would do a deal or perhaps you could get one for one of the days or half a day. All else fails mabey another stall could display a few info leaflets for you. Or if you ask they might allow you to hand out leaflets on rat care. No harm in being a little cheeky and asking, I think a rat stall would be a great addition the smallies need to be represented too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Some one on another site contacted them and the rb list is being enforced on all rb's :( My fella is on the rb list so i dont think i will be bringing him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ginagina

I brought daisy along last year and the sun shined all day, great day out I have to say. Well worth the money. I'm in the process of stitching daisy's hot dog costume together for petchums.com best dressed dog competition. Anyone else entering? Ooooh so excitied y'all,

Have tickets and one of our dogs will be in the mollys.ie show, keep an eye out for a little fella with big ears, and an eye out for our dog too!

I really wish I could go! But I have the new puppy, 5 new rabbit kits, and 2 new kittens to look after :) I'm way too busy, and wouldn't have the money either after buying the pup and a load of things for the animals . . .

They're doing free microchipping there aswell, if anyone needs their dog chipped. I think it's the DSPCA sponsored by Allianz.

The free microchipping is brilliant, even when you consider the entry fee if someone was going just for the chipping that's cheap as chips comapred to paying full whack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Should be a good one, I am speaking at it this year :eek:

Hope its not too warm for all the animals though RDS can be roasting indoors. Can't wait to see everyone there!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I am really looking forward to this, loved it last year. We brought Tilly, she was in the fashion show, was so adorable!

Suzi when you talking? I am only there Saturday morning. Come by the EGAR stall, say hello and enter the raffle!

The free microchipping is brilliant, even when you consider the entry fee if someone was going just for the chipping that's cheap as chips comapred to paying full whack.

I was thinking of going because I have three dogs to get microchipped! But then I'd have to pay for the dogs (and me) to get a train to Dublin, I think you have to pay for taking dogs . . . and my puppy isn't vaccinated yet so she'd have to stay at home . . . anyway, my dogs wouldn't be good on a train! or in a car for 3 hours.

How much is the pet expo actually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

morganafay wrote: »
    How much is the pet expo actually?

I found this tucked away in the FAQs of the site-
    Tickets and Admission
    • How much are tickets?
    Admission tickets are €12 for one adult or €35 for a family of two adults and two children under the age of 14. Senior Citizens will be given discounted rate of €6 on Friday and €8 over the weekend.

Tickets can either be pre-bought at the ticket hotline or available at the door

• Are children free?
    Children under 3 are freeOn Friday 2nd July, one Child ticket is free with each paying Adult ticket

• Can children go to the show on their own?
    No. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to gain admission.

• Where do I get tickets?
    Tickets are on sale now see Click here or available at the Door. We can accept Cash or Credit and Laser Cards.

• Is there a booking fee?
    Booking fee of €1.00 applies per transaction.

• Do I have to pay for things once inside?
    There is no charge for any of the visual displays. Some of the interactive displays have a charge.

• Can we bring our family pet?
    Visitors will now be able to bring along their dog, who must be kept on a lease and it will be the responsibility of the owner to bring along Poop Scoops Bags & clean up after their pet. A dedicated Dog refreshment area will be provided. All visitors must comply with the Control of Dogs Act , stated in the Visitors page of the website.

Advertisement