Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:(:(:( We were supposed to be going with DTI but i'm not sure if we can now? The pup cut his paw last week and had to get 2 stitches in it this morning. He's allowed walks on the lead but not sure if this would be too much for him. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Can't wait for the pet expo this year, especially being able to bring along the pooches.

My mum is going to be on the Peata Therapy stand with one of our lads, pop over and check it out! It's a great cause :)

Just hope the other fella doesn't freak out with all the other dogs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

tk123 wrote: »
    :(:(:( We were supposed to be going with DTI but i'm not sure if we can now? The pup cut his paw last week and had to get 2 stitches in it this morning. He's allowed walks on the lead but not sure if this would be too much for him. :(

I def wouldnt be bringing an injured dog to something like this, wouldnt be fair on them.

andreac wrote: »
    I def wouldnt be bringing an injured dog to something like this, wouldnt be fair on them.

Holy crap going on a walk with him now is like our own little pet expo!! Our walk takes 10 times longer with everyone we pass seeing his bandage and coming and asking what happened his paw!! Then they pet him for ages - he's loving the attention! :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Holy crap going on a walk with him now is like our own little pet expo!! Our walk takes 10 times longer with everyone we pass seeing his bandage and coming and asking what happened his paw!! Then they pet him for ages - he's loving the attention! :rolleyes::pac:

lol

Was pretty hectic he might not of been able for it. Our guy is flaked out now and loved all the attention. Worth going to even without a pooch though.
    Am so delighted with our pink vet bed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Didn't being able to bring your dog give this years Expo a great atmosphere!!!!

lol

Was pretty hectic he might not of been able for it. Our guy is flaked out now and loved all the attention. Worth going to even without a pooch though.
    Am so delighted with our pink vet bed!

LOL i just asked you on the other thread how busy it was!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I went along yesterday and my 2 kittens were very pleased with the massive bags of goodies we brought home. Enough treats to feed a small army of cats! Also got to meet the dulux dog the massive old English sheepdog and liked all the animals inside. Eagles and iguanas and all sorts!

I'm going to take him for a couple of hours - he's running around the place here all the time and playing and can go for his walks so I think he'll be able for it! So keep an eye out for us!!! I'm short and look like my avatar :pac: LOL and he's golden retriever with a red bandana and sock over his bandage! :D

I'm going to take him for a couple of hours - he's running around the place here all the time and playing and can go for his walks so I think he'll be able for it! So keep an eye out for us!!! I'm short and look like my avatar :pac: LOL and he's golden retriever with a red bandana and sock over his bandage! :D

We're back !!! I didn't stay too long on account of his sore paw. He was afraid of the balloons on the way in!! :pac: It wasn't too packed when we got there - we saw rabbits, a huge owl and eagle, a monkey looking thing :pac:, chickens and loads of other dogs! Everyone was really friendly so a great atmosphere about the place. He had loads of people petting him so he was in his element. Bargains to be had too if you're after bedding or collars and leads etc - huge slabs of vet bed for €20!!! There was loads of freebies too but tbh I didn't really take that much - we're happy with the food he's on so no need for samples of others? Also our guy used to get the runs a lot before we switched his food so we're a bit picky about what treats he gets and tend to stick with what we know. He's knackered now thou so I think we'll be in for a quiet day! :D He's still a bit mental since he's still a puppy so I think I'll enjoy it more next year when i'm not trying to keep him from running over to people etc and he's calmer - I hope!!

• Advertisement

Ah sure did him good to get out into a crowd like that it's a good experience for pups to have. Next year you can make a whole day of it.
    The vet bed was great value, I'm sorry I didn't get more.
    But we've enough to keep us going for a while now.
    I was more freaked out with the balloons lol hate the flippin things but at least they were only at the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Ah sure did him good to get out into a crowd like that it's a good experience for pups to have. Next year you can make a whole day of it.
    The vet bed was great value, I'm sorry I didn't get more.
    But we've enough to keep us going for a while now.
    I was more freaked out with the balloons lol hate the flippin things but at least they were only at the entrance.

any other things that were good value?

thinking of going tomorrow?

The Burns dog food stand were doing offers which are cheaper than your average shop their Kelties treats were €2.00 never tried them before so got some for our girls who are on that food anyway.

Lots of freebies, Dentastix and whiskas treats.
    Bound to be other stuff as well I didn't go to certain stands coz I was on a budget and didn't want to be tempted lol.

Money off vouchers being handed out for various pet shops as well.

thebullkf wrote: »
    any other things that were good value?

thinking of going tomorrow?

I think some of the food stalls had offers on - we got a free measuring cup for our Burns!! I saw Burns, Gain, Royal Canin, Red Mills so if you get any of them you might save some money. There was stalls with Kongs but I only got him a new one this week so didn't check the prices.
    The vet bed place is right outside the door to the indoor arena - they had loads of cushions/beds too for really good value - a big slab cushion for €30 etc. I like vet bed because it's so easy to clean but our eejit scrapes at it and eats the fluff so I didn't bother getting a new piece (i have the current pieces washed and ready to take up to dogs trust!). :pac: Another place outside had loads of different types of collars, harnesses and leads - all €5. There's a stall inside beside the rabbits - you could take as many packs of dentisix you wanted! Petshoponline.ie are having a free raffle - you just give your email address. They gave Bailey a free bone chew for a birthday present! :D I'm looking forward to going to it next year - I know what to expect now - if I need anything like toys/bedding etc in the months coming up to it I'll hold off and pick them up at pet expo!

Here's what he was like after it - before we went to the vets to get a new bandage because he found the only puddle at pet expo to splash in!!:rolleyes: Luckily the wound is healing nicely and he should be getting the stitches out on Thursday so back on his feet on time for his 1st birthday on Friday!! :D

Aww he's tuckered out, if anything it does give you peace in the evening the dogs are always banjaxed afterwards. Our pup didn't even feel too car sick on the way back he slept most of the way home.

Advertisement