Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a discussion on one or two matters

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I was in After Hours and came across a thread that claimed Brian Lenihan had died.

There was no reliable source quoted with this, just some wikipedia quality thing from the looks of it. It raised a question I have had in my mind about this place for a long time, and its only until now that its worried me.

My question is about the policy used in terms of locking/closing and deleting threads.

One thing I wonder about is why old threads seem to be strongly regulated to be locked right away. Generally the old threads that are dragged up are dragged up by a good question or comment on the discussion. I dont want to generalise as I know some of these threads are muck but I dont think that every older thread needs to be essentially duplicated because of this policy.

This leads me on to the matter of the Brian Lenihan thread. I personally think that the thread should have been deleted once the source was confirmed to be iffy, then contact with the poster can be kept via PM untill a valid source can be found. It could be glanced at and taken the wrong way very easily.

Additionally some threads of utter trash from members who were banned or trolls should be deleted too. If they are closed down they are still there for everyone to see.

Im curious as to peoples opinions on this. Its not something that really bothers me for the most part, aside from the Brian Lenihan thread. I thought I may as well ask everything in one post.

Regards
    bbk
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Advertisement