Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The star sign cancer

Options
  • 09-06-2010 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but just want to know if this is true.

Is the star sign Cancer the most unluckiest in love then other signs in the zodiac?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Denimgirl wrote: »
    Hi there

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but just want to know if this is true.

Is the star sign Cancer the most unluckiest in love then other signs in the zodiac?

Nah, that's generalised bullsh*t. Where did you hear/read that, or who said that?

My sister knows a lot about this stuff. Apparently you need to look at the whole astrology chart using the full D.O.B., time of birth, and place of birth to get a more accurate overview of all that. I know yer wan Cheryl Cole is a Cancer who has been unlucky in love, but Ashley Cole was a poor match for her (a Sagittarius with some other stuff in equally restless, variety-loving Gemini, if I remember rightly) to start with anyway. I just reckon Ashley should go to Specsavers or see a psychiatrist - why would you cheat on a hottie like Cheryl Cole?? :confused:

You can PM with your birth details (full D.O.B., time of birth, and place) if you like and I can pass them on to my sis and get back to you with the verdict. But there are also sites online (http://www.astro.com/ is one) where you can put in your details and they'll calculate all that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

PM'd You

oh your right about Cheryl Cole others spring to mind is Lady Diana,Lynsey Lohan,Pamela Anderson all Cancerians a psychic told me that the cancarians don't have much luck with love as they are too emotional and can be too clingy!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

If that was the case there would be 500,000,000 people on the planet who are unlucky because of their birth date. Zodiac signs have no meaning their just a random collection of stars that ancient people thought kinda looked like animals.

Astrology is worthless, try astronomy instead, some of the stuff you'll find out is infinitely more fascinating than the ramblings of Mystic Meg and the like.

oh your right about Cheryl Cole others spring to mind is Lady Diana,Lynsey Lohan,Pamela Anderson all Cancerians a psychic told me that the cancarians don't have much luck with love as they are too emotional and can be too clingy!?!

I PM'd you at last. Sorry for the delay. My sis was busy with work and stuff.

You could pick out a bunch of women born under any star sign who had/have crap love lives. That psychic was just generalising. There are plenty of Pisces Sun women who haven't had great love lives - Elizabeth Taylor, Drew Barrymore, Karen Carpenter, Chastity Bono (now a bloke - Cher's daughter/son), Jean Harlow (iconic old-Hollywood actress), Charlotte Church, etc, etc.The same could be said of any Sun Sign.

As for Cancerians being too emotional or clingy - apparently that's more the case if the person has the MOON in Cancer rather than the Sun. But you'd need to look at the entire chart to draw accurate conclusions. I don't know an awful lot, but I know there's a hell of a lot more to it than a feckin star sign. :D

• Advertisement

Kxiii wrote: »
    If that was the case there would be 500,000,000 people on the planet who are unlucky because of their birth date. Zodiac signs have no meaning their just a random collection of stars that ancient people thought kinda looked like animals.

Astrology is worthless, try astronomy instead, some of the stuff you'll find out is infinitely more fascinating than the ramblings of Mystic Meg and the like.

Mystic Meg isn't an astrologer - she's an idiot pretending to be one.

Zodiac signs only have no meaning when you're just using the Sun Sign/star sign.

Astrology isn't worthless when you look at the bigger picture. Astronomy would be worthless too if a person was to only take into consideration one feckin' star or constellation.

As with everything, there's always more than meets the eye if you bother your hole digging deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Mystic Meg isn't an astrologer - she's an idiot pretending to be one.

Zodiac signs only have no meaning when you're just using the Sun Sign/star sign.

Astrology isn't worthless when you look at the bigger picture. Astronomy would be worthless too if a person was to only take into consideration one feckin' star or constellation.

As with everything, there's always more than meets the eye if you bother your hole digging deeper.

Sorry to tell ya mate but its is a complete crock of sh1t. Same applies to psychics, palm readers and mediums. Looking at at random groups of stars CANT tell anyones future or anything about the persons personality or traits.

Any horoscopes I've every seen were so vague that they could apply to anyone if they WANTED them to fit.

If you want to know the future from looking at the sky keep an eye out in April 2036 when Apophis swings back this way cause if ya see that coming towards us we'll all know our future then.

Sorry to tell ya mate but its is a complete crock of sh1t. Same applies to psychics, palm readers and mediums. Looking at at random groups of stars CANT tell anyones future or anything about the persons personality or traits.

Any horoscopes I've every seen were so vague that they could apply to anyone if they WANTED them to fit.

Oh okay. Cool. How long have you been researching this whole area first-hand to come to that definitive conclusion? A couple of years, or what? What are the names of the psychics, palm readers, and mediums you met and tested?

Also, how many years did you study and research astrology (or "stars", as you refer to it)? You obviously have a lot of field research experience and you bothered to make your presence known in this forum (as opposed to Skeptics Corner), so it'd be great if you could elaborate on it in greater detail.

Thanks so much. :)
    If you want to know the future from looking at the sky keep an eye out in April 2036 when Apophis swings back this way cause if ya see that coming towards us we'll all know our future then.

Now there's your "crock of sh1t". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I dated a Cancer before, and it didn't last too long. I am a Sagitarius myself. I do not know what his other details were eg moon, ascending etc, however from my own experience it was not a good match.

Rather than saying all people of x sign are out, consider your own star sign in the equation too. Also, as others have said, the star sign is not the only indicator.

Nah, that's generalised bullsh*t. Where did you hear/read that, or who said that?

My sister knows a lot about this stuff. Apparently you need to look at the whole astrology chart using the full D.O.B., time of birth, and place of birth to get a more accurate overview of all that. I know yer wan Cheryl Cole is a Cancer who has been unlucky in love, but Ashley Cole was a poor match for her (a Sagittarius with some other stuff in equally restless, variety-loving Gemini, if I remember rightly) to start with anyway. I just reckon Ashley should go to Specsavers or see a psychiatrist - why would you cheat on a hottie like Cheryl Cole?? :confused:

You can PM with your birth details (full D.O.B., time of birth, and place) if you like and I can pass them on to my sis and get back to you with the verdict. But there are also sites online (http://www.astro.com/ is one) where you can put in your details and they'll calculate all that for you.
    I sent you a pm. I have to say your sister is very very good and a lot of what she sent me really has me down to a T.Thank you both so much for taking the time to do this for me.

DG
    x

• Advertisement

I dated a Cancer before, and it didn't last too long. I am a Sagitarius myself. I do not know what his other details were eg moon, ascending etc, however from my own experience it was not a good match.

Rather than saying all people of x sign are out, consider your own star sign in the equation too. Also, as others have said, the star sign is not the only indicator.

That's true. You should go to http://www.astro.com/ and get your whole chart calculated for free in the 'Free Horoscopes and Charts' section. I think you can also get compatibility charts calculated that give you snippets of info about what parts of it mean. Obviously you'd need the full birth data (date, time, and place of birth) of the other person.

Sagittarius is a fire sign and Cancer is a water sign. Fire and water create steam, so things will get heated between them occasionally. This is very basic level stuff though. You might be a Sag, but you could have quite a few other planets in an earth sign, like Capricorn (which is right next-door to Sag, and Mercury and Venus are never far from the Sun in the solar system - go figure). You really need to look at each person's chart in entirety. Just to illustrate this point further... Johnny Depp is a Gemini, but that's actually the only thing he has in Gemini - the rest of his chart is composed of earth signs, Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. It's worth looking at the entire chart.

Okay, I've just been corrected about Johnny Depp.. :rolleyes: Yes, he only has the Sun in Gemini but the rest of his chart isn't only earth signs. Sorry about that. He has the generational Neptune in Scorpio (a water sign), Jupiter in Aries (fire), Saturn in Aquarius (air), and a Leo (fire) Ascendant/Rising Sign. Bastard. Most people with Leo Ascendants are good-looking, or are attractive people at least. :mad: :D But Depp has Mars and Uranus in his 1st house/ascendant area, so not only will he come across as your typical Leo person face-to-face, but he'll also appear (ascendant) energetic (Mars in 1st) and unique (Uranus in 1st).

The Rising sign/ascendant shows how a person is perceived by people who don't know them well at first. It's the persona of the person. This is being fed into my ear as I type. ;) Johnny Depp is a cool guy.

I sent you a pm. I have to say your sister is very very good and a lot of what she sent me really has me down to a T.Thank you both so much for taking the time to do this for me.

DG
    x

No worries. I haven't done anything, tbh, apart from ask her to tell me more about this stuff and to analyse your chart for you. She's always analysing family's and friends' charts, so she's used to it. I'd say she enjoys it too.

Advertisement